• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT side skirt

97vulcan

CEG'er
Mine lost a few rivets and one clip too from hitting a little snow bank when pulling into my driveway. Can I just take some self-tapping screws and screw it back into the body? you can't even tell its missing anything, however I want it to be secure. Whats the best method of securing? :shrug:

Thanks,
Adam
______

Do you even know what hes talking about?

Hes talking about screws that hold the sideskirt to the car. Thats like securing front and rear bumpers to the car with bondo. :nonono:

I cant recall since its been so long, but I think some "christmas tree" plastic screws will work.

Last edited:
use slightly larger rivets then the previous ones. rivets are cheap so is a rivet gun. make sure you use aluminum rivets and not steel ones.

are you for real:nonono: :shocked:!!!! this isnt some civic dx

Dude, relax, you have any idea what I am talking about???. I am not talking about where you can see the screws, but under the car into the body where the old rivets used to go. I was thinking the screws would hold up better than the rivets that were there before.

Bagged, do you know what size rivets to use??

Thanks,
Adam

Dude, relax, you have any idea what I am talking about???. I am not talking about where you can see the screws, but under the car into the body where the old rivets used to go. I was thinking the screws would hold up better than the rivets that were there before.

Bagged, do you know what size rivets to use??

Thanks,
Adam

ummmmm,dude,you relax..as i was refrencing to the bondo comment:cool:

how about everyone relax were talking about some ground effects :crazy:
ill get that rivet size for ya in a little bit when i go out to the garage, but if they ripped out it might not be accurate the best thing to do is take a drill bit set and match it up that way

Last edited:
After painting my xr4ti, I used aluminum rivets and a small nylon washer from local hardware store to reattach its cladding. Worked great.

If I used self tapping screws and some loctite would it work?

I have another question too. Anyone have any ideas about what to do with the V shaped mounts that the sideskirts hook into? When I wrecked it ripped two of these off my car. I need to improvise. Do all contours have those hooks?

only se's w/skirts and svt. i have a new sideskirt that has a bag of new rivets and v shaped brackets

Back