• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lincoln LS

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Well today I washed my Dads Lincoln LS and then took some pictures of it. Figured id wash it before we park it in the garadge for the winter. Never posted it up here before so tell me what yah think. Its a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 with the sport packadge wityh select shift. Has every option avialbe back in 2001 when we bought it new.
the mods:
LSE front bumper, Mclaren grille w/ red emblem,Bridegstone Potenza S0-3 Pole Postion 245/45/17's,Eibach Pro kit, 6000k HID's, Borla Cat Back, custom Intake,Heat sheild, K&n cone filter,White faced gauges.
025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

and to keep it contour related. theres my SVT at carlisle. I sure do miss it. its in the shop right now getting the wholetrainsmisson rebuilt and some other goodies which i will post a little bit later : )
037.jpg

Last edited:
nice car man, i almost bought one of those before my taurus... wish i did. i found a v6 5 speed too, but it was 2000 with 115k so i thought that was too high.

btw those focus pics are just the same ones of the LS again.

Very nice indeed. I like those cars, but have heard they have thier share of issues. But so does the contour... Both cars look great.

I love that front bumper. I wish Ford would have kept going on these. Id love to see what one would look like today! :drool:

My neighbor has a 2000 LS8, I drove, I like:drool: :cool: He has the same factory rims non-chromed, and blue-gray color. It overheats and goes into limp home mode once in a while, (it's got the Ford genes)...Probably just the $20 thermostat that is known to have a tendency to stick shut. Maybe, he should sell it to me:laugh:

My used to overheat randomly. Tell him to check the reservoir for a crack. It leaks under pressure. I know this from experience.

Do you mean the coolant reserve tank? I will tell him.

Actually, the power steering reservoir. Ask me how I know. :help: The hydraulic fans in the first years of the LS had a faulty design. The power steering fluid will get low, the fans won't turn on as they should, and the coolant boils over. So you'll actually be low on PS fluis and coolant. It's about a $1000 job at the dealer. Fortunately, I got employee cost on everything, and they split the bill with me as I'd only had the car a week. :blackeye:

Mark

:cool:
I love the LS... I test drove one a couple weeks ago, a '02 grey LS8 fully loaded. Very nice! Tight steering, and that V8 groal heh...

I love the 00-02 LSE package, the rims and bumpers, and it needs to be on a black/black model. But I still prefer the 03+ models, the interior looks a bit better, and 30 hp isn't nothing! And I read that reliability went up a notch too.
What do you think of the ride quality on the road? Compared to the Contour or a Mazda6? Because I'm seriously considering getting my hand on a 03 LSE sooner or later! Something like that : http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=232607540

big_200727153925561.jpg

Back