• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car Keep on Dying!!

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
Ok I have a LX Contour and in the summer my car died because of new battery and couple of weeks ago it died again and I changed the alternator and now it died again. So any suggestion? What I mean by dying is when I drive, all the light is was getting dim then car just out of juice so I have to jump start it every 1 minute on my way home. :help: :help:

Ok now it died again and is sitting at my friend's apartment. Well first I jump start it, doesn't work. Then I notice that my headlight doesn't turn on or the ignition doesn't click when I turn they key. But my emergency light flash perfectly fine, bright as always. So any idea? A friend of mine said it might be the voltage regulator.

I checked all the fuses (under the hood and under steering wheel) and they're all fine and I replaced them with one of those fuses that lights up when they're blown. Starter won't even click and nothing even happen when I tried jump starting it.

1. Check for power at the starter solenoid control wire when the ignition is turned to START. If there is power, see step two. If not, something in the control circuit is defective- Park/Neutral safety switch, ignition switch, etc.

2. Follow the big wire from the positive battery terminal to the starter. Where that wire connects to the starter solenoid, check for power (Ignition switch off). If none is present, there is a problem with the cable or fusible link.

Crack out the multimeter and start testing.

Well the car start now because my solenoid fuse blew out so I replaced it. But the fuse #30 (7.5 Amp), Engine Management System, keep on blowing out when ever I turn the ignition to auxilary 2 or 3 but it doesn't blow on axuilary 1. ANY SOLUTION? I NEED ANSWER ASAP because I have school tomorrow and can't risk taking the car when it will die cuz of that one fuse.

Could be either a short, pinched wire or something is not grounded well enough. Did you have a shop replace your alt?

Talk to him and maybe he could go over his work to see if maybe he crossed a wire or something.

Well I asked him and he didn't bother look at it cuz she said he's confident that he didn't do anything wrong. I had a few mechanic looked today and they reccomend taking it to an AUTO ELECTRIC REBUILDER SHOP to check all my wires.

Back