• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust flooded with oil...

c-72

Be Gentle I'm New Here
My 95 Contour started smoking one day and I saw that there was a ton of oil coming out of my exhaust. It just seems to pour right into the exhaust from the engine. What could cause something like this to happen?

My 95 Contour started smoking one day and I saw that there was a ton of oil coming out of my exhaust. It just seems to pour right into the exhaust from the engine. What could cause something like this to happen?
oddly enough im trying to track a similar problem myself. i have narrowed it down to either a head gasket or valve guides/seals. i have to take the head off at this point to determine exactly what my problem is.

it could also be rings so do a compression test to verify you have good compression. if you do then it most likely is not the rings.

oddly enough im trying to track a similar problem myself. i have narrowed it down to either a head gasket or valve guides/seals. i have to take the head off at this point to determine exactly what my problem is.

it could also be rings so do a compression test to verify you have good compression. if you do then it most likely is not the rings.
You're in a little different situation....TURBO!:laugh: Turbo seals can fail and leak oil into your exhaust.:help:

You're in a little different situation....TURBO!:laugh: Turbo seals can fail and leak oil into your exhaust.:help:
i already replaced the turbo cause it was leaking into the compressor housing. mine is somewhere between the intake and exhaust manifolds.

I had this happen to my car before my contour. It was the head gasket that cracked. Was to expensive to fix so I junked the car. :cry:

Could a cracked piston cause this to happen?

And also, how would the head gasket let oil leak into the exhaust?

Could a cracked piston cause this to happen?

And also, how would the head gasket let oil leak into the exhaust?
you would have little to no compression on the cylinder then and it probably wouldnt even run. it doesnt leak it into the exhaust but rather into the cylinders where its burnt. if there is enough oil it might not all get burnt and then you get raw oil in the exhaust. thats exactly what happened to mine. i pulled the head off and the gasket was covered in oil, on both sides.

Back