• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec help

69Boss302

Has mile high skills
Guys and gals,
I've never owned a Zetec so I'm lost and looking for some help. I need some help to identify the various sensors in the pictures. Of particualr interest is the plug on top of the VCT motor.

I thought i had a picture of it but on an auto trans, what is the sensor nearest the bellhousing and just below the exhaust manifold?

Thanks.

DSCF1250.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1252.jpg

First one (im assuming is the one closest to the bellhousing behind theexhaust manifold) is the crank position sensor.

second one is for the VCT solenoid

Third one is the IAC valve.

Thank you. I know the v6 stuff but not the 4cyl.

One more question, aside from VCT, is there any major difference between 95 - 00 for the motors. What I mean to say is are all the sensor and related parts in the same location? Ex, the throttle body, crank and cam sensor. So if I pulled a 95 Zetec would it drop straight into a 2000 Zetec.

Is it also the same as in the Focus?

95s had different connectors on the sensor's (OBD1). other wise all the sensor should be in the same location.

if your looking at doing an engine swap i would stick with whatever you currently have. the VCT engines dont have EGR like the pre98 and focus engines. its just not worth the hassle of dealing with PCM issues.

Back