• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Replacing the Air Bag Diagnostic unit

BriceRice

CEG'er
Question about replacing the Air Bag Diagnostic unit, I know where it is located and how to replace it ( right next to the shifter and simple plug in, un-plug battery and all that). My question is do I need to replace any sensors of any kind? I dont want to replace it and have the air bags go off. But I wanted to double check with anyone that has replaced it before I went ahead and did it. Thanks.

nope no sensors needed. replaced my airbags and diagnostic unit a few months ago after a wreck. just take off the batter for a few min. ten the plug and play. should work fine

air bag light

air bag light

I had my steering column apart on my wife's 95 Windstar, and made the mistake of turning the car on with the wheel bag disconnected. Now the light is on. Is there a way to reset that without going to the dealer?

I had my steering column apart on my wife's 95 Windstar, and made the mistake of turning the car on with the wheel bag disconnected. Now the light is on. Is there a way to reset that without going to the dealer?

you should have made a new thread for this.

but i dont think so, only thing you can try to do is take the battery terminals off for awhile.

Yes, disconnect the battery for a bit. Then hook battery back up. The airbag system should prove itself out (when you turn the key). If not you will have a code indicating something is wrong.

Doh!

Doh!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I must have missed something then when I put it together. I've had the battery out a couple of times, but the light pops back on.

Back