• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

• Yes! I want both front and rear conversion kits to 300/280mm

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the front FSVT 300mm kit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the rear SVT 280mm kit

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Interested but I can't do the work myself

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Interested but I won't buy because it looks too difficult

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Front Only

Rear Only
1. SVT SNOB - Paid
2. OB1 - Paid
3. SF-SVT - Paid
4. Todras - Paid

Both front and rears
1. CA SVT Driver - Paid
2. 98SVTC - Paid
3. Redlineracer12 - Paid
4. SoopaCooga - Paid
5. Frosty - Paid
6. 99CSVT#78 - Paid
7. Blackfoot - Paid
8. T-Red 98 - Paid
9. Blast47
10. Needmorespeed
11. JB1

Front Only

Rear Only
1. SVT SNOB - Paid
2. OB1 - Paid
3. SF-SVT - Paid
4. Todras - Paid

Both front and rears
1. CA SVT Driver - Paid
2. 98SVTC - Paid
3. Redlineracer12 - Paid
4. SoopaCooga - Paid
5. Frosty - Paid
6. 99CSVT#78 - Paid
7. Blackfoot - Paid
8. T-Red 98 - Paid
9. Blast47
10. Needmorespeed
11. JB1 - Paid

ive upgraded my front discs and calipers, i used mk3 calipers and focus st170 discs. they are a larger caliper and disc. im interested in the rears if the brackets could accomodate a 300mm disc?

The front brackets could be used on the rear to support the 300mm disc but if the offset would be different you'd have to have new spacers machined. And they are thicker so the bolt lengh would change.
I suppose it would be able to be done but cost you more than a normal set to test it out and change all the hardware. Also, I'd have to see the rotor.

Rear Only
1. SVT SNOB - Paid - Shipping 4/17
2. OB1 - Paid
3. SF-SVT - Paid
4. Todras - Paid (paint)

Both front and rears
1. CA SVT Driver - Paid - Shipping (full order) 4/17
2. 98SVTC - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17
3. Redlineracer12 - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17
4. SoopaCooga - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17
5. Frosty - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17
6. T-Red 98 - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17
7. Blackfoot - Paid
8. JB1 - Paid
9. Blast47 - Deposit
10. Needmorespeed

Group Buy is CLOSED

Last edited:
FSVT Rear rotors will work...

FSVT Rear rotors will work...

Wow this web system where I'm at SUCKS!

Anyway.

I wrote a nice lon page of information and the fricking thing died on me.

Suffice it to say that the REAR FSVT rotors will fit on the rear of the contourSVT with my kit and require NO GRINDING on the rotor hat, no grinding on the Caliper Bracket as they are non-vented and actually thinner than stock rotors.
The only problem is the offset is off.

It requires two hardened washers added to the supplied spacer to bring the offset correct and center the rotor in the caliper bracket. Very easy to do. In the future we will source a new spacer that solves the offset issue.
For now, if you want to use them its on your own....but I would advise getting pairs of washers that measure the same thickness and then putting one on either side of the supplied spacer to minimize issues with the caliper bracket sitting "true" on the bracket. Then just watch your pad wear in the back to see if there are any issues.

Time to do the rears just decreased by hours! It is now easier to do the rears than it is the fronts!

Wow this web system where I'm at SUCKS!

Anyway.

I wrote a nice lon page of information and the fricking thing died on me.

Suffice it to say that the REAR FSVT rotors will fit on the rear of the contourSVT with my kit and require NO GRINDING on the rotor hat, no grinding on the Caliper Bracket as they are non-vented and actually thinner than stock rotors.
The only problem is the offset is off.

It requires two hardened washers added to the supplied spacer to bring the offset correct and center the rotor in the caliper bracket. Very easy to do. In the future we will source a new spacer that solves the offset issue.
For now, if you want to use them its on your own....but I would advise getting pairs of washers that measure the same thickness and then putting one on either side of the supplied spacer to minimize issues with the caliper bracket sitting "true" on the bracket. Then just watch your pad wear in the back to see if there are any issues.

Time to do the rears just decreased by hours! It is now easier to do the rears than it is the fronts!

So tell us what the spacer thickness is.

Okay all, the remaining hardware has all shipped out today. Thanks for all your patience. I need you all to inform me that you have received your complete order and please update it on the group buy list here please.

As per the group-buy conditions, those with deposits will have 30 days to pay in full from the date I began shipping. That was April 17, so May 17 is the latest for that.

Needforspeed: Contact me within the next day or so if you want to keep your slot for the group-buy brackets, otherwise I have some people who want them at the group-buy price.

Rear Only
2. OB1 - Paid - Shipped 4/24
3. SF-SVT - Paid - Shipped 4/24
4. Todras - Paid (paint) - Shipped 4/24

Both front and rears
2. 98SVTC - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24
3. Redlineracer12 - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24
4. SoopaCooga - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24
5. Frosty - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24
6. T-Red 98 - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24
7. Blackfoot - Paid - Shipped (Full order) 4/24
8. JB1 - Paid - Shipped (Full order) 4/24
9. Blast47 - Deposit
10. Needmorespeed (????)

Group Buy is CLOSED

Rear Only

Both front and rears
2. 98SVTC - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24
3. Redlineracer12 - Paid - Received Fronts; rears 4/24
7. Blackfoot - Paid - Shipped (Full order) 4/24
8. JB1 - Paid - Shipped (Full order) 4/24
9. Blast47 - Deposit
10. Needmorespeed (????)

Group Buy is CLOSED

So tell us what the spacer thickness is.

Also are the FSVT rears bigger/better than the CSVT fronts?

Nevermind I just found that the focus rears are 280mm vs our 278mm ones, not to mention as Tom said their one piece design. I might go for them if Tom w/ let us know the size of the spacer needed.

Last edited:
Yes but the ease of adding spacers compared to taking a grinder to your car not to mention having matching rotors even though they came on the focus, is a plus.

Yes but the ease of adding spacers compared to taking a grinder to your car not to mention having matching rotors even though they came on the focus, is a plus.

I thought the Focus rear rotors were solid, non vented discs....if that's the case I'd take the grinder over bolt-on ease.

Yeah they are solid I thought. I became confused a couple of posts ago, I'm leaning towards the focus rears.
BTW I got a call from my wife saying that I recieved a package from Ozark. :)

EDIT:
I think Josh is saying that for performance reasons you'd prefer the vented discs to the solid ones??

Last edited:
Yeah they are solid I thought. I became confused a couple of posts ago, I'm leaning towards the focus rears.
BTW I got a call from my wife saying that I recieved a package from Ozark. :)

EDIT:
I think Josh is saying that for performance reasons you'd prefer the vented discs to the solid ones??

well the vents are there to keep the brakes cooler right? who knows maybe they are lighter also since they are not solid ... but I can tell you my gf's taurus uses solid rear rotors iirc ...

Thats what I figured josh was trying to say & I'm no expert by far but would it matter that much on the rears, since most of the braking force is up front?

Okay all, the remaining hardware has all shipped out today. Thanks for all your patience. I need you all to inform me that you have received your complete order and please update it on the group buy list here please.

As per the group-buy conditions, those with deposits will have 30 days to pay in full from the date I began shipping. That was April 17, so May 17 is the latest for that.

Needforspeed: Contact me within the next day or so if you want to keep your slot for the group-buy brackets, otherwise I have some people who want them at the group-buy price.

Are you gonna be selling them on the your website if so i'll get them at a later date and let some one else have my slot as my car has cost me to much money this month and i'm trying to recover :)

Rear Only

Both front and rears
2. 98SVTC - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24; Received all 4/26
3. Redlineracer12 - Paid - Shipping (fronts) 4/17; rears 4/24