• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Black SVT Contour on new Rt. 9 this morning?

fastcougar

CEG'er
There was a black SVT Contour on the new Rt. 9 that was exiting on 115 towards Ranson this morning. He was coming up behind me and then began to exit. When he did, I stopped on the gas and took off. He immediately got back onto Rt.9 and we met at a red light at the new Home Depot on Rt.9 heading towards Charlestown. If you are reading ... I'm the guy in the black Cougar :cool:

The left lane was open and I changed lanes to be the lead car in the left lane. He changed from the left to right lane, but there was a car in that lane ahead of him (next to me). He kept reving his engine at the light, so when it turned green, I took off ... let up around 100MPH to see him at least 20 cars back :shrug:

Thought for a second it was me since I was on the new 9 this morning, but I don't recall getting my ass handed to me by a Cougar ;). 281thunder maybe?

I'm still trying to figure out why he changed lanes at the light and didn't line up behind me :shrug: The car in the other lane was noticable.

Jason ... you the guy I bought the exhaust from a little over a year ago?

I remember reading that a while back. Were you ever able to do anything with that turbo kit?

As far as meeting up, not that I know of. Although I think the dailydriven.net guys meet up every now and then. I believe there's a couple CEGers on there.

Nope, wasn't me. I've seen a black E1 in Charles Town before...appears to be mostly stock...looks lowered, tinted tails, and maybe aftermarket exhaust. Mine's lowered, eyelids, Elky mesh, and eyelids...about the only things done.

We all need to meet up someday...there's been talks of it. I'm stil seeing the silver one at Shepherd with the 17's too...never get to talk to him though...but it's immaculate.

We all need to meet up someday...there's been talks of it. I'm stil seeing the silver one at Shepherd with the 17's too...never get to talk to him though...but it's immaculate.

Ain't that the truth. I've been trying to invite people to Ocean City, but now that its getting cold everything down there is shutting down

I spotted one too today!

I spotted one too today!

It was parked at the end of WEIS parking lot. I had to stop and take a look at it. It had black rims, eye lids, and maybe exhaust. Looked lowered too. I put a note on the windshield of it. "99SE from CEG says hello". It had a CEG license plate frame so I know it is someone on here.

I went by there twice this morning and it was sitting there @ 8:40 am and
@9:10 am. I'm still curious as to whos it is. Nice car.

That'd be me. I was carpooling to Ashburn and that seemed as safe a place to park as any. When I first saw your note I thought someone left me a "don't every park here again" note :D. I didn't realize just how many CEGers are in the area. We definately do need to have a meet in the near future.

You're taking your life in your hands my friend. I could tell you stories about Weis deli food that'd disgust you :eek:
Mr. Cast Iron Stomach here has done fine. :laugh: I do eat only the hot cooked food (rather than salads or fruit). :cool:

It's KFC I can't handle anymore. :shrug:

That'd be me. I was carpooling to Ashburn and that seemed as safe a place to park as any. When I first saw your note I thought someone left me a "don't every park here again" note :D. I didn't realize just how many CEGers are in the area. We definately do need to have a meet in the near future.

Man you have a nice csvt. Mine is just a se sport stocker with tint. Nothing much. I seen you there again today around 12:30pm. I went to Petco and when I got out you were already gone. I was like dang I almost caught up with him.

It would be cool to have a meet around here, it's just that I don't have a lot of time on my hands. I might be able to show up in the police cruiser though. :laugh:

No one ever sees my Contour, lol. Whenever I see another one, I'm always in the other car so there's no point in waving.

Anyone ever see the red pre-98 one in Martinsburg with the white racing stripes, chrome hub caps, and the Autozone muffler?

Ranson Police Officer-Any reason for the question?
No reason ... other than I might be traveling slightly above the posted speed for a VERY short stretch on the new Route 9 between Leetown Rd. and Wiltshire Blvd. and I know that area is often patrolled by both. So, if you ever see this heading towards you and there is no other traffic around, can you ignore the radar reading please.

IMG_3518.jpg

Last edited:
Back