• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best fuel injector cleaner?

My personal preference is RedLine SI-1. BG is a good product but horribly overpriced. Techron injector cleaner works well (not the cheaper Pro-Gard with Techron). Techron works as well or better than BG. I have been told that Regane by Gumout (Pennzoil) is essentually the same thing as Techron, but I have not tried it myself.

I've used Gumout Regane (clear bottle with amber fluid) with good success and also the Valvoline complete fuel system cleaner.

If you've never had the fuel filter replaced I would run regain in one tank, change the filter, run an untreated tank, and then run the Valvoline in a tank, and then run regane in the tank of gas before you change you oil as maintenance.

I have used Seafoam, Gumout, and several others. I prefer Seafoam. I also like the fact that it does much more than just injectors, for about the same price.

This is my regiment.

Twice a month I add a bottle of Supertech or Champion super concentrated Fuel injector cleaner. It's around 2 dollars a bottle at Walmart.

Every 3 or 4 months I add a Can of Berryman's B-12 to the tank. It's like 3 dollars and change, once again at wally world.

Twice a year, I add Seafoam which I used to only be able to get a Napa. Now it's available at Autozone, Adavance Auto and other stores. Cost is around 7 dollars and change a can.

BTW, Shame on me for forgetting to change the fuel filter when I bought my 'Tour. At the time, it had 60 some thousand miles. Now i'm almost at 123k, and I went under the car to change it and found it to be the original Ford factory filter.... Doh!

This is my regiment.

Twice a month I add a bottle of Supertech or Champion super concentrated Fuel injector cleaner. It's around 2 dollars a bottle at Walmart.

Every 3 or 4 months I add a Can of Berryman's B-12 to the tank. It's like 3 dollars and change, once again at wally world.

Twice a year, I add Seafoam which I used to only be able to get a Napa. Now it's available at Autozone, Adavance Auto and other stores. Cost is around 7 dollars and change a can.

BTW, Shame on me for forgetting to change the fuel filter when I bought my 'Tour. At the time, it had 60 some thousand miles. Now i'm almost at 123k, and I went under the car to change it and found it to be the original Ford factory filter.... Doh!

wow, that's a pretty extensive regimen.

yikes about the fuel filter though!!

Back