• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

crank pulley removal???

D

devanmc

im in the middle of putting on a UDP but i cant figure out how to loosen the bolt! some one please hep me on how i am to loosen and then tighten the crank pulley bolt on a 99 atx zetec.

i have the belt off, the wheel, the splash gaurd. I only need ot know how to lock the pulley down, to tighten the bolt.

On an ATX, the absolute easiest way to remove/install the crank pulley is using an impact wrench. The other way is to remove the starter and lock the flywheel manually, not a simple task.

I've had my UDP sitting in my room for quite awhile because of this. I found a friend that has all the tools necessary, I just need the belt and lunch for both of us.:cool:

Last edited:
I held the "helper" bar and had a buddy loosen....only works if you have 2 big guys.:laugh: BTW....I am serious!:shrug:

I put my UDP on a couple of months ago and was in the same boat. With an ATX, an impact wrench is your best bet. I tried for awhile to break it loose with sockets and wrenches. But with an impact wrence it came right off. TIP: You don't have to get an air powered one, there are electric ones that should work for this. (I used air though)

Back