• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Royal Purple lubricants...

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm just wondering if anyone here is running any royal purple in their car as far as engine oil, tranny fluid, power steering or coolant. And if so, is it all that its cracked up to be?

I would only use it in the transmission, you won't notice a difference in the engine over mobil 1 or any of the other name brand synthetics, not sure about power steering, never changed that.

Used it in the TH tranny connected to the 3L. Loved it, definately shifted smoother and no more sticking while shifting.

95_Mystique, Royal Purple is a very highly regarded oil. You certainly can't go wrong using it, but as to whether it's "worth it", only you can decide.

Any quality synthetic oil such as Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Castrol Syntec, Valvoline Synpower, Royal Purple, etc. will provide superior service. Using a synthetic oil in the engine and a synthetic fluid in the transaxle has been shown to give a very slight improvement in MPG.

If you drive in a very "spirited" manner, live in a very hot or very cold climate, do a lot of towning, or want to extend your service intervals, then synthetic fluids are beneficial. If you do none of these things, then they really are overkill. What's more important is that the oil be the correct viscosity for the engine, and that the fluids all be changed at intervals appropriate for the use the vehicle gets.

i noticed quiet an improvement in power since my oil change to royal purple. my last oil change hadnt been since before i bought my car and the cel cept comming on and the code was diluted engine oil... my 0-60mph dropped from a 9.5 to a 8.0-8.20sec.

Back