• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the ac pump

i was wondering if these can be rebuild. it works still but makes a vibrating noise wawawawawa ect.... the ac pump soaked with oil im guessing it blew a seal. i dont wanna go to a junk yard and get a used one. either im gonna rebuild this on or get a new one. lemme know thanks :)

If you are talking about the compressor, it is most like the pulley bearing or clutch. And if it is leaking, yes, it is most likely a seal. BrApple and CSVT1214 were fixing their a/c systems maybe a few months ago. You may want to PM them for advice (just in case they do not see this thread).

yes we did but our problems where not the compressor ... it was the drier/accumulator on mine and the condensor on csvt1214's car ...

i would agree that it could be the clutch or bearing in the compressor ... I know that the clutch can be replaced ...

a/c compressors can be rebuilt. however they are more complicated on the inside than one may think (i know i had to rebuild several different kinds at UTI). also you may not be able to get ahold of all the internals needed for the rebuild. i would recommend just getting a new one and letting the professionals rebuild them.

Or you could just bypass the whole system and forget about the A/C altogether, all it would cost is a new belt. How bad do you need it?

i do have it by passed with out a belt running it. but why would i forget the whole thing? i need it in the summer time.

It sounds like the bearings I changed my pulley,clutch and field coil. I was just going to change my pulley that is wear the bearings are inside the pulley but my clutch was shot also it was old. If your going to tackle this yourself go get the R134A removed from the system once that is done, get the car up on jackstands. NEVER work on a car that is not properly supported!! After it's up, get the passenger side wheel off, and set it aside. Next, take off the crankshaft splash guard. There are 2 retaining bolts (1 front, 1 rear) once removed The compressor will be at the bottom right.Remove manifold/pipes at the rear of the compressor. There four bolts that come across the compressor remove those bolts compressor should drop right out with alittle moving around. Check out the picture I sent. Clutch is easy to remove just loosen the bolt pulley and field coil is a pain needs to be pried off the compressor with a big screwdriver are you can use a puller. I used the screwdriver actually I recommend removing the clutch and pulley before you remove the compressor you get better leverage to pry off the pulley. You will need to remove the compressor to get the pulley back on. Good Luck

Last edited:
Back