• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Attn: cannonthelamb

He posted 2 mins before this thread. I just haven't seen him on AIM, and wanted to ask him suttin for a while.

why don't you just PM him. Wouldnt he see that sooner?

P.S. where were you yesterday tony? I was all ready to tear into that cute little parts car of yours!

why don't you just PM him. Wouldnt he see that sooner?

P.S. where were you yesterday tony? I was all ready to tear into that cute little parts car of yours!

Meh, PM's take too long going back and forth. It's like a 5 min convo, but PM would probably be a few days. And it fills up my inbox fuggin quick. :laugh:

Yesterday was such a waste. Went to brunch with the family, the first place was closed, so we drove way out to IHOP, and had to wait like 40 mins for a table, then the food was slow. My stepdad got lost going home and took the longest way possible. Got home after 4 and then worked on my car and started to rain.

I had a pretty productive weekend.

saturday I got my new crome strip and tail light installed on the mystique and got the water out of the fog lamps. Then we sized up our trailer to the Escape to see what type of drop tow bar we would need. Next my father and I got the remaining 6 pistons into his 289 block for the mustang, bottom end is just about buttoned up now. Then watched the new Bond movie that night. Sunday I got the tour out, did some data logging, put new rubber strips in the roof, installed some interior Leds, and put in the indicator led, calibration switch and terminal to use with my Xcal2 for my wideband O2 sensor.

Yeah, I got a few things finally done on my car and a couple tid bits with the Mystique.

My car:
Trunk swap
M3 lip spoiler
Heel guard with original OEM SVT mats
Mondeo gauge rings FINALLY finished. :laugh:

Mystique:
Drivers floor mat hook was missing, replaced it.
Armrest hinge all screwed up, replaced it.
New Valeo wipers (FYI, 19" passenger, 21" drivers fits perfect)

Ah went back to 98+ with m3 spoiler? When r u gonna post piccies?

Also, can we have a general nonsense thread with no real topic to post to when I'm bored during the day?

Last edited:
When r u gonna post piccies?

NEVER!! :laugh:

I'm thinking about getting a different M3 spoiler though. This one is about 1/2" too short. I might rock this one for a short time, while I buy the other one, get it painted, then sell this one (simulated CF).

Mike finally installed his hood lift struts yesterday. He merely had to grind down a couple of bolts and they went right in. The hood shuts perfectly.

We also took the cars out of their car jackets on Saturday, but rolled them back onto the boards in the garage to sit a bit longer.
It was nice to see those bishes sparkling in the sunshine though.
I don't trust this nice weather. A snow storm always manages to hit us in April.
teh suq

Once we take the E1 wheels off of the SVT, we get to put on the overlays we bought from parkedcar. No more SVT showing and making me look like a fool when I sport the E1's on the GL. :eek:

Brian your dad's stangs are yummy :drool:

which ones are you refering to? did you see the third one at all? there are two yellow mustangs and the red one ...

we are rebuilding the 66's 289 at this time, its been 26 years in the waiting .... yes I am 26 .... you can figure the rest :crazy: I have wanted to help rebuild this one for the last ten years !

06 Mustang GT Premium
69 Boss 429 - nuff said, look it up
66 2+2 Fastback, sunshine yellow, 289 V8, 3spd, limited slip 9" rear and thats it !

Plan, get the car running and back on the road then mod it :drool: but it may get at least front disk brake upgrade first, can't imagine that 4 wheel drum brakes would stop to well. Once running it will get painted, again, repaint is cracking, and then who know what else.

yeah man, you showed me the one in the canvas canopy thingie the last time I was over there trying to get the svt pcm to work on my car. Real men don't need headrests lol.

I just got all the goodies on, kinda regret putting on the wheels cause upon driving to the bank today, the road noise sucked! Other then that looking out to it, she looks perrtyy..and looking for a new home :) :)

I cleaned up the Maxima's black interior, it looks deliciously brand new. Makes me want to keep the car a bit longer :(

hrrrmmm....i wonder if the SVT is still in the garage....
haven't been back there in a while.

Back