• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ dynos?

yeah well thats fine, i just dont want to be pawned off as some nitrous noob that just "threw a hundred shot at it"

ive done this HUNDREDS OF TIMES and i didnt drive to michigan just to "try a 100 shot" i did it so many times i was confident that it would be fine.

I have two steps colder plugs, 9mm plug wires, an aftermarket ignition with a 3 degree global retard and a one second step off delay, my AFR was good, and the temps were low. i simply surpassed the structural integrity of the motor and the mishap earlier this year with the fuel solenoid sticking shut contributed to the weakness.

say what you want, just dont make it sound like i went out and tried something stupid 9 hours away from home. i had the car set up for the nitrous and had been running that for some time already.

Look on the bright side, now you can put a new motor in with a good reason, are you going to put a 3 liter in and are you going to continue running nitrous? I've been thinking about gettin nitrous for a month now but haven't had the money anyways. Or are you putting another svt 2.5 in? what exactly broke?

Ill have to force stoobie to post his up, but it was 175 / 170 and a freaking FLAT tq curve.

SE motor, SVT LIM / UIM, Open element filter, stock precats, and exhaust. Very quick car.

And a good tune. Makes all the difference. Its diffenitly been broken in well! Not bad for never crackin open the motor.

187hp (tune and stock)/gotta look at torque tomorrow I think it was 167ish with tune and 164 stock

Just open air filter, msds headers, no cat, and cheap mufflers on stock piping

I was pleased. There's some hp left in the exhaust, I had to throw the mufflers on real quick the day before I came up there. Also gotta do some tuning. I think over 190whp is possible with just some exhaust changes and good tuning. Also better torque curve will be had once it's tuned.

187hp (tune and stock)/gotta look at torque tomorrow I think it was 167ish with tune and 164 stock

Just open air filter, msds headers, no cat, and cheap mufflers on stock piping

I was pleased. There's some hp left in the exhaust, I had to throw the mufflers on real quick the day before I came up there. Also gotta do some tuning. I think over 190whp is possible with just some exhaust changes and good tuning. Also better torque curve will be had once it's tuned.

did you see what Steeda's true dual set up did for hp and tq? And with the headers it would only be better.

And a good tune. Makes all the difference. Its diffenitly been broken in well! Not bad for never crackin open the motor.

well I am finally due for a tune now that I have modified the engine as much as I think I can before going 3L ...

Ill have to force stoobie to post his up, but it was 175 / 170 and a freaking FLAT tq curve.

SE motor, SVT LIM / UIM, Open element filter, stock precats, and exhaust. Very quick car.

Great numbers for an SE! I've always suspected that there was some considerable variation in the motors & tune. My SE felt a LOT quicker than my current Mystique LS - and got better gas mileage.

He doesn't have SVT cams does he?? Those numbers are almost too good to be true.

Great numbers for an SE! I've always suspected that there was some considerable variation in the motors & tune. My SE felt a LOT quicker than my current Mystique LS - and got better gas mileage.

He doesn't have SVT cams does he?? Those numbers are almost too good to be true.

tell me about it, I have the SVT intake, airbox to lim, headers, optimized y-pipe, and complete stock svt exhaust on back, the injectors, pcm and cams and I got 174/169 with no tune

interesting note to make, my mothers 99 feels stronger to me, just the way it drives, but then again that maybe because of the clutch but I am not sure, I mean obviously it doesn't pull like mine but back when my car was stock it felt stronger to me, and it still feels the same way ...

also I svtavaino has noted that out of the 3 mystiques he had one was definately stronger then the others ...

Last edited:
My father in law actually owned the 3 mystiques and the SVT I have. He got a 98 and two 99s. He said there was a considerable difference between the two 99s. The one my wife had was the weaker of the two. The better one had better pickup and got 2-3 mpg better fuel mileage. They were both return fuel cars so I am assuming the tune was the same. Just all the tolerances must have fallen just right for that car. The 98 was in the middle some where. Some one in central IL bought it a few years ago from my sister inlaw. Black, tan leather, sunroof car 5spd of course. There are defenitly factory freaks out there my friend had a SHO that was stock better than the other 2 I had driven modifed.

Steeda... said:
Ya posting #'s when your engine granaded itself doesn't count. Anyone can throw that kinda shot at the car to get stupid high numbers. The key factor here is it didn't last.

Those are nice numbers but it would be like me doing a 200shot then posting those #'s. Ya know what I'm sayin?

steeda, for a few days i didnt hate you. your getting right back there though.

You can hate all of CEG because we're all going to agree with him.

Todras speak for yourself, not everyone else.

I had personally riden in his car over the past few years all the while with the nitrous installed. His setup was very well put together and performed well. One mishap with the fuel solenoid on the dyno a few months back in my opinion led to the engines demise in Michigan; not a poorly put together setup.

Last edited:
Todras speak for yourself, not everyone else.

I had personally riden in his car over the past few years all the while with the nitrous installed. His setup was very well put together and performed well. One mishap with the fuel solenoid on the dyno a few months back in my opinion led to the engines demise in Michigan; not a poorly put together setup.

i don't think anyone is saying the setup was poorly put together. just saying that you shouldn't post dyno numbers from a session where your engine ate itself. :shrug:

i don't think anyone is saying the setup was poorly put together. just saying that you shouldn't post dyno numbers from a session where your engine ate itself. :shrug:

this is what I got out of it ... I mean what does it mean now anyway :confused:

DSC01440.jpg

Back