• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Almost 100k

svtavino

CEG'er
My SVT will be turning over the 100k mark tomorrow. Makes me sort of sad but it is still driving great and I won't be giving it up anytime soon. It has been a very reliable car in the almost 40k and 6 years that I have owned it. Only thing that will need fixing soon is the stupid dash maybe that will be a winter project.
Just incase anyone is looking for a 2000 green SVT I have seen one in the Hartford Courant 1 owner 90k miles for $5995 it has been in there the past 2 weekends.

interesting on the SVT for sale ....

my contour will be hitting 100k next year more then likely, has 92,5xx miles now ...

and the Mystique will hit 200k like I wanted, 192 and counting :laugh:

lol I will hit 100k today or tomorrow too!

99850 now. Bought it Dec 2005 with 64500.

2000 green SVT I have seen one in the Hartford Courant 1 owner 90k miles for $5995 it has been in there the past 2 weekends.

When I was shopping around for my SVT, I went and test drove this car. I saw it about two months ago. He has since lowered the price. My take was that the car is ok, but nothing special. My favorite quote from the owner was "This car is in excellent condition!" My response to that "Well, what is that big dent on the hood?" Owner: "Oh, I hit a turkey."

If you are looking for a green SVT and only green, this may be one of the only ones around for sale. Just good luck actually getting the guy to sell it to you. My take was he really didn't want to sell it.

I'm about to roll over on 87k. I got it in May '05 with 59,3xx. I also like to drive :p. I'm sure I will have my car to 100k next year. I will be driving between UMass and East Longmeadow a LOT! Including every weekday for the next 5 weeks! :crazy: Boy I'm gonna shoot myself once I hafta get that timing belt replacement done. I'm kinda hard on the car to be honest, so it won't last longer than 100k I don't think :mad:.

i think i am around 94K in the SVT.
i bought it in 2000 with 37K on it.
the motor went at 40K.

I'm about to roll over on 87k. I got it in May '05 with 59,3xx. I also like to drive :p. I'm sure I will have my car to 100k next year. I will be driving between UMass and East Longmeadow a LOT! Including every weekday for the next 5 weeks! :crazy: Boy I'm gonna shoot myself once I hafta get that timing belt replacement done. I'm kinda hard on the car to be honest, so it won't last longer than 100k I don't think :mad:.

Let me know when you are ready to get that timing belt done! It'll be a piece of cake! :)

Let me know when you are ready to get that timing belt done! It'll be a piece of cake! :)

Haha oh trust me I will DEFINITELY be pm'ing you once I kill it. If my mom finds out she'll tear me a new bumhole. She'll be so pissed if I don't bring it to my mechanic. Tough bones there, mom. :laugh: My mechanic would cost me three arms and four legs, a.k.a. something I DON'T HAVE. I trust him with my car COMPLETELY, but he works alone so you gotta pay for it...ya know?

Ticked over this evening while on my way to Manchester. :)

Attachments

• 99999.jpg
    99999.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100000.jpg
    100000.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100001.jpg
    100001.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Ticked over this evening while on my way to Manchester. :)

you made the club :laugh: , at my current rate of mileage per year it would take my tour about 20yrs to make the 100k club :shocked: . so I won't be a member anytime soon.

gauges are sexy
guages? tough day :-x
Titanium-face gauges are standard on the Maxima SE :) .. they do make me smile when I look down. The black ones are putrid by comparison.

The more I drive this car the more I love it. Completely stock still and the interior looks almost new.

Back