• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got a personalized tag

I have had several... My contour was MYSVT
My miata was 2163 of 4000 made, so 1OF4K...
Then I went with the simple KRSTNZ when I got my Prelude.. and its now on the FX. I cannot believe that I dont have pictures..

l_9818a78c195e812d96b4da558e8d6edb.jpg

Picture13+006.jpg

They don't allow US Forces to have personalized plates in Germany...

Germans can personalize within strict guidelines:

The letters between the blue Euro bar and the tags indicate the city the plates were issued and is not changeable.
To the right of the tags you have to have 1-2 letters followed by 1-4 numbers.

My mother-in-law's license plate is from Stuttgart and reads "S EX 1951". My father-in-law and his brother picked it out!

Also seen a Frankfurt plate on an Alfa Romeo that read "F AG XXXX" (I don't remember the numbers).

Where I'm stationed is "KL" plates, so maybe I can have them find some in the stack like this: "KL IT XXX"

pick up a clothing catalog!? Guys don't read that stuff. :laugh:

I've never seen that color when I was younger and looking through the Fredrick's of Hollywood catalogs in my grandma's basement :ponder: :laugh:

Last edited:
Dang in Minnesota it's nothing. You just pay extra for the plate initially and tags are the same amount regardless whether it's personalized or not.

Mine says "CSVT". I wanted to get CSVT#49 but they wouldn't let me use the # sign. I could have just gotten CSVT 49, but eh oh well.

The letters between the blue Euro bar and the tags indicate the city the plates were issued and is not changeable.
To the right of the tags you have to have 1-2 letters followed by 1-4 numbers.
Those are very similar to Massachusetts' insane vanity plate rules. Letters first, followed by numbers. Numbers and letters cannot interchange, and a number cannot be the first character on the plate.

Very expensive too, I think $75 fee annually.

In Wisconsin it's only $10 more than a regular renewal, but it's still $77 each and I've got two! LOL
Anyways, heres mine:

DSCN0075.jpg

:cool:

I can't remember if it's a one time fee of $75 or if there are also annual fees.
Might have changed. It's a $25 annual fee in NH now for the vanity plate. $30 if you get the moose plate, and $25+30=55 if you get a vanity moose plate.

In MA it is $73 per year, every November.
so if you get your plate in September it costs $73 and then in November it costs you another $73.

or if you know people you get plates like this... it is state issued and not a vanity plate...
694xtc2.jpg

Back