• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crankshaft Position Sensor

contour_r_us

Hard-core CEG'er
Looking to the wisdom of CEG: My 1995 'Tour just up and died while warming up in the driveway. I have checked the ohm readings on the coil - looks A-OK. I have the required 12vdc between the center (black/purple lead) contact and ground. I figurred I would replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor, as it isn't that expensive. Questions are: What size torx wrench fits the mounting screw for the Crankshaft Position Sensor? It is torx, correct? T25 size? What tips can one offer in removing this, as access is very limited.
thanks - Bill

you may also look into your CAMshaft position sensor. The wire on mine crapped out a couple years ago and car refused to start.

you may also look into your CAMshaft position sensor. The wire on mine crapped out a couple years ago and car refused to start.

Will do, this is something I haven't looked at. Just now seeing the very first of the "splitting insulation" on the underhood wiring. Oh Joy!!! Thanks again -

Back