• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

weird intake/power issue and brake issue

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
issue 1) my car has done this ever since I had the new VCT solenoid installed, and I am led to believe it probably has something to do with my timing being lightly retarded by half a degree, which isnt enough to create a problem, but enough to notice in a really low gear.

Anyways, I have noticed, right after I start the car, the motor revs like an absolute slug, and my air intake gets loud as hell even when I just tap the gas pedal.

Is my motor flooded or something every time I start it? because it will stop doing this after about 60 seconds of running the motor.

Issue 2) brake fade. lately ive been noticing under heavy braking the rotors will fade unusually fast, I noticed this when driving in heavy Ann Arbor traffic, as soon as I hit the brakes fairly hard they fade, fast. I dont know if this has anything to do with my rear disc conversion, but is this normal of stock brakes?

problem 1 could definitely be a loose throttle cable, sounds very characteristic, look for other threads on that.

problem 2 is possibly air in the lines, not sure, but a flush might not be a bad idea.

problem 1 could definitely be a loose throttle cable, sounds very characteristic, look for other threads on that.

problem 2 is possibly air in the lines, not sure, but a flush might not be a bad idea.

Problem 1) I will look into that, I checked the throttle cables today, the look fine

Problem 2) whole system was redone with SS brake lines, and wilwood high temp brake fluid. Whole system was flushed.

Back