• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The latest pictures of the "train wrecks"

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Took some pictures of the cars over the weekend, figured I would share.

First the Contour, took the pics on the way back to school. Pretty clean, but has some dust/water spots that are noticable in the pictures. I was still happy with them.

HPIM3259.jpg

HPIM3261.jpg

HPIM3262.jpg

And the other one: :laugh: It got a sweet header upgrade, had to add at least 45 HP! Okay maybe not 45....maybe like 8 Drives noticably faster, and seems to have a little more pep. But it is missing some parts at the time of the perfermance checks. It also got some pimp alternator paint thanks to a coffee can...

HPIM3202.jpg

HPIM3190.jpg

HPIM3197.jpg

HPIM3218.jpg

HPIM3223.jpg

HPIM3238.jpg

All the front end is painted, its just off the car. I just painted the driver side doors today. About 85% of the car needs to be clear coated yet. So its a work in progress thats getting into the final stretch.

Speaking of train wreck, dude I am NOT feelin that hood, everything on the contour is rounded off and that scoop is squared, it dosent flow whatsoever!!!!

You know what I'm not feeling, the way my god damn muffler hangs so low...:nonono: I really need to find an exhaust hanger that is a not a POS!

:laugh: I guess I really need to go and buy a mail box intake for a drag car. Guess that would make people happy.

And I really thought I was gonna get comments on the really pimped out alternator. :shrugs:

Last edited:
Wow, every time he posts pictures you guys just jump all over the hood scoop. I think he gets it. He cant just take it off and at least its functional.

Pimped out alternator is sweet lol. That car has come a long way.

Speaking of train wreck, dude I am NOT feelin that hood, everything on the contour is rounded off and that scoop is squared, it dosent flow whatsoever!!!!

Man everyone on here bashes your hood. I would never dare do that to my contour, but yet again not many people have the balls to cut a whole in their hood. i know i dont and prolly never will, but i give you props b/c your not going to find another contour on the road with that mod and i'm sure it wasnt an easy task either.

Actually I could take the hood off :rolleyes: Then I would have the best cold air intake everz! :nonono:

If I took the scoop off it would be a very bad cowl hood :laugh: And it would actually pull air away from the filter.

I could always throw on the the spare hood I have sitting in a closet...But only if I put a bigger scoop on the current one. :laugh:

Edit: for anyway who doesn't know, that sweet alternator goes right on the top of the Cavy motor. Spinny offset blue alt fans FTW! It will be sad when the paint starts to chip off. lol It had zero prepe work on the alt, just had it off and sprayed it. But looks better then the rust color that it was.

Last edited:
Back