• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got a project car...

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
So, a friend of mine picked up a 96 Zetec contour in T-red... Guess what... ITS A STICK!

and judgeing by what ive been hearing, appearantly its been babied all of its life, the origional timing belt finally broke at 150K. Which means new belt and tensioners and she will be ready to go. So I was talking to my friend about it, me being the Zetec fan I am I was talking about how much power I think you could get out of a zetec on stock internals... He comes back with saying "lets do it."

So here is the plan. Get it running first, then we are going to budget the hell out of it and see what power we can put down out of this Zetec. I proposed there are a couple of ways we could go... Either we could upgrade the internals of the engine and push a wet shot of nitrious through it... or we could Build a custom turbo system push a low amount of boost and not rebuild the internals... then when the engine blows rebuild the internals... Im thinking turbo is a better way to go. So ive just been doing some research on turbos, and I wanted to know... What turbo exhaust header would fit on the pre98 Zetec? I was thinking to just find one for a focus zetec, but I dont know for sure if the two are different or not.

you could put down 250~whp on a stock motor without internal upgrades .. I've seen 320~whp on a stock focus motor with different cams.

Good luck. Why can't I find a MTX zetec!?! All i find are ATX, Oh well.. A Zetec's a Zetec.

get a wet ZEX direct port setup. plumb it into the plastic intake mani and then work from there. You can jet this setup down 35hp shot, and up to 150! After droping cash on this you can then add on boltons (intake, exhaust, ect) one at a time afterward. You could probably run the 35 shot with out a tune, but I would at least get a SCT xcalibrator.

hey do you think you would be interested in a trunk swap? I'd pay shipping and also some $$ for the trunk.. let me know, I've been looking for a pre-98 t-red trunk and if you are interested I would really really like to buy/trade mine! let me know!

Back