• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spotted Thread

really? my bro is and he cant tell the diff between green and red. He gets through stop lights by illuminated position, not by color.

Yeah I have a tough time with certain greens and reds. I do the position thing too. Also many green lights look white to me so at night sometimes I won't realize a traffic light is even there until it turns yellow. It just blends in with the other white lights.

I believe that I saw a black SVT yesterday in the parkway heading north coming down the hill before the tunnel, it was about 5:30 ... not sure it was a SVT but I was in mine heading south up the hill.

also on a side note same spot but heading south, as I was heading north down the hill at about 7~7:30 there was a red pre98 the spun out and was blocking both lanes ...

How are the new LED traffic signals? Are they better or worse as far as color blindedness?

For me they are better, they are more vivid and don't seem so dull; but I dont know if they are better for all colorblind people.

Red/green is easily the most common type of colorblindess but any color can be deficient in varying amounts and one person can have multiple deficiencies (even different in each eye) so there are very many types of colorblindess.

I'm sure it was since I was on Park yesterday twice. I didnt see you wave though. What time was it?

I'm sure it was since I was on Park yesterday twice. I didnt see you wave though. What time was it?

Really? But you waved back at me...:confused:

it was around 5:30-6:00. I was heading towards West Hartford and you(or whoever it was) was heading towards Hartford. Silver SVT so I was sure it was you.

I spotted and orange kinda lavaspeed color SVT today getting on rte 84 in manchester by the buckland mall. Just noticed it out of the corner of my eye. Must have had an aftermarket (borla?) exhaust cause it sounded sweet.
Pretty sure it wasn't anybody on the boards. I think we ould all know if someone here had aftermarket painted their car.

I spotted and orange kinda lavaspeed color SVT today getting on rte 84 in manchester by the buckland mall. Just noticed it out of the corner of my eye. Must have had an aftermarket (borla?) exhaust cause it sounded sweet.
Pretty sure it wasn't anybody on the boards. I think we ould all know if someone here had aftermarket painted their car.

Did he have the Andy's auto sport kit on it? I've seen that guy too in the same area.

Really? But you waved back at me...:confused:

it was around 5:30-6:00. I was heading towards West Hartford and you(or whoever it was) was heading towards Hartford. Silver SVT so I was sure it was you.

Hmm...I did get off 84 heading east (toward Hartford) on Park around that time...maybe my busy job is killing my short term memory :) or maybe its the Oktoberfest I drank last night :)

Not sure. I have to admit I'm unfamiliar with that kit.

98contourc27.jpg

I saw this guy with, at the very least, that front bumper on and an orange paint job about a year ago. I can't imagine there are many orange contours are running around the buckland hills mall area so I'm sure it's the same guy.

spotted...silver frost SVT today, rear bumper was all silver no black...getting off RT.24 N heading into stoughton today...anyone?

Ferris_03.jpg

"Anyone? Anyone?"

For what it's worth, Respect, I'm surprised I don't see you around. I've got friends on the South Shore, and am down there often enough. Ran 139 down to Green Harbor just the other day.

Back