• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spotted Thread

Are you talking Soft Scrub in a spray bottle?
Maybe that's where I'm getting things mixed up. I'm talking about the pastey/gritty white stuff that you gotta squirt out of the bottle.

Naw I'm talking the squirt stuff. I haven't found it to be too gritty. Only problem with it is that it takes off paint and finishes. This is because it removes EVERYTHING :). Regardless, Goo Gone is probably a better option. I just haven't ever used it myself.

Spotted: Stock looking CT plated black SVT going from 84E to 91N in hartford today around 7:45am. You gave me a peace sign and I waved. Anyone on here?

Chris,

Yeah that was me, your car looked nice (much cleaner than mine!).

I think I was behind Tony this morning but traffic in Hartford prevented me from catching up before my departutre to 91N from 84E. About 8:05am.

Naw I'm talking the squirt stuff. I haven't found it to be too gritty. Only problem with it is that it takes off paint and finishes. This is because it removes EVERYTHING :). Regardless, Goo Gone is probably a better option. I just haven't ever used it myself.

Ronsonol (lighter fluid) works very well, and its not caustic enough to take paint, though it will take goo off in a hurry. Couple of bucks and you're all set. :cool:

Chris,

Yeah that was me, your car looked nice (much cleaner than mine!).

I think I was behind Tony this morning but traffic in Hartford prevented me from catching up before my departutre to 91N from 84E. About 8:05am.

Wow I can't even believe I said stock looking. I totally forgot that I noticed your exhaust tips and was thinking hmm..those don't look stock!

Where were you headed that morning? Watertown is a bit far away from where 91N goes...

Thanks for the nice words, I had just cleaned my car the day before :laugh:

A little far, tell me about it. I used to be at Sikorsky in Stratford but my group for my job centralized and now have to commute from Watertown to South Windsor daily.

That's OK about looking stock comment, besides the Borla tips I have no other exterior mods. I do plan on taking the door dings off, tint and getting the paint fixed up shortly by a friend who does autobody but until then...

T-red stock-looking(highway barrier blocked view under ding guards)
3ish pm October 5th northbound on 291 towards mass pike
very clean!

on a side note, i finally got my trubenz adjusted and it doesnt rattle anymore! hoorah

I was behind a T-Green SVT this morning on I-84 E just entering East Hartford. CT plate # 158-SMG.

Looked completely stock. Looked like the driver was chowing down on some breakfast when I passed him.

Anyone?

Whoa!

I'm never spotted. I feel special now. :eek: :laugh:

My gf thinks she spotted you once and that you were driving pretty fast on 84 I believe. Not sure if I ever told you. It was a few months ago. I think she noticed an SVT logo on the lower rear side which gives you away.

My gf thinks she spotted you once and that you were driving pretty fast on 84 I believe. Not sure if I ever told you. It was a few months ago. I think she noticed an SVT logo on the lower rear side which gives you away.

Yeah, that'd be me. I haul arse on the highway like it's my job.

I went out to dinner with the fam about a month ago, and my sister and her husband left before me to go home, and I ended blowing by her going about 100 MPH on I-84 and apparently cut her off as she was getting off the HOV lane. :blackeye:

She called my cell and b*tched me out. I acted like I had no clue what she was talking about. :laugh:

Speaking of sightings- saw a T-Red pulling out of the Mobil station on Montvale Ave in Stoneham last night around 9pm.

I wonder if thats the same one my cousin told me about last week.
he said he saw a red one at the convenience store near the square right off of maple street

I couldn't believe that I saw it. And it took a second for me to recognize the profile of the car. I'm disappointed in myself. :(

Whoever it was got up to Main and took a right. I was hoping he would stay in my area so I could flag him down, but no luck.

I have one!!

I spotted a Silver E0 this morning on my way to work. They had MA plates, the tops of the headlights painted and were heading south on CT-75.

I spotted a Black CSVT heading north on Rte 9 and getting off at the Westfarms Mall exit. This was Sunday 10/14 at 3:00pm or so. (Of course I was driving an SUV as my SVT was just claybarred and waiting for Zaino in a garage). The driver was a guy in early 20's, red tank top, short hair.

Anyone here?

I spotted a Black CSVT heading north on Rte 9 and getting off at the Westfarms Mall exit. This was Sunday 10/14 at 3:00pm or so. (Of course I was driving an SUV as my SVT was just claybarred and waiting for Zaino in a garage). The driver was a guy in early 20's, red tank top, short hair.

Anyone here?

Hmmm.....me and hotdimmes were around there all afternoon but not at 3:00PM. We got to the car show around 2:30 I think, and then left around 5:15 PM.

Back