• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I have desided to go from atx to mtx

jtmccann81

CEG'er
the thing is I want the clutchless transmission that the new evo 10's will be sporting. the new evo 10's will also have cruise control from what I heard as well.

The clutchless transmission also acts like a atx when needed with the flip of a switch and can do cruise control. Thats what I have been told as well about the clutchless transmissions.

I would like to keep the 2.0L engine but if I had to I will upgrade to a 2.5L or 3L.

What would be nessacery to get the clutchless transmission to work on our cars?

or

What would be needed to go from atx to mtx with clutch

...What would be needed to go from atx to mtx with clutch
How much it costs to buy a Contour with MTX. This is the answer, not a question to your question. ;)

It is actually much cheaper and less troublesome to buy one which is a MTX rather than try to convert an ATX over.

IIIRC, one or two CEGers have done it.

the thing is I want the clutchless transmission that the new evo 10's will be sporting. the new evo 10's will also have cruise control from what I heard as well.

The clutchless transmission also acts like a atx when needed with the flip of a switch and can do cruise control. Thats what I have been told as well about the clutchless transmissions.

I would like to keep the 2.0L engine but if I had to I will upgrade to a 2.5L or 3L.

What would be nessacery to get the clutchless transmission to work on our cars?

or

What would be needed to go from atx to mtx with clutch

Are you smoking crack or just retarded?! :rolleyes:

Please educate yourself just a little on automotive design and part compatibility before you post this utter bull****!

hey look I was asking a question don't flame me for asking a simple tech question. I got my evo 10 info from the project lancer web site. I wanted the clutchless transmission for a reason my girlfriend who wont and refuses to learn to drive stick thats why I was asking my questions.

hey look I was asking a question don't flame me for asking a simple tech question. I got my evo 10 info from the project lancer web site. I wanted the clutchless transmission for a reason my girlfriend who wont and refuses to learn to drive stick thats why I was asking my questions.

Ok, you're still a moron! I will hand it to you though, you appear to have the best grammar among the CEG newbies that ask completely idiotic questions.

Wow, you really don't get it. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the advise but next time don't flame someone for the questions they ask. Just give them the honest truth and say its to expensive your way go this way.

I have been with you guys since the october of 2005 I don't post much since I am working all the time and trying things on my own.

But I wont be modifiying the tour too much anymore just picked up a 1994 mazda mx-3 with only $90k on the odometer yesterday. Thats my new project car for mods so I now have an import to play with and mod.

As much as I myself hate flaming people, it was honestly a really dumb question when you think about it.

The evo is an awd car made by Miti..The contour is a fwd car made by Ford. He has a better chance of putting in a 350 small block with a RWD conversion then he does making that trans work...

i dont see any problem with the way that question was answered either, i mean thats like asking somebody if there having a case of the mondays. lmao

though thumbs up on grammar holmes.

reread the review. the engine will be an automated manual. in other words the car uses a clutch to shift gear but it will be automated as in a ferrari f1 gearbox. As for clutchless trannies... they exist all right they are called automatics. the automatic gearbox uses a tourque converter to transfer power from the engine to the transmission. As for the worth of the conversion just use used parts instead of new ones or you can buy a new contour for a good price.

The new evo will NOT have a "clutchless" transmission. A car must have either a torque converter or a clutch not neither. unless the car can match its revs perfectly a car without a clutch is simply not possible!!!! It may have an automated clutch as in the Enzo.

meh

meh

Well i guess that also works. but ya its still easier to buy a manual contour.

Back