• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local fab shop for harness bar??

SVTFern

CEG'er
Hey all,

Does anyone know of or have dealt with a fab shop or performance shop that could make a custom harness bar?

I have tried dealing with Rally Innovations in California but since the group buy fell apart i am not so sure that they will be able to get this done for me in time for track season.

Does anyone have any leads?

thx a bunch

Fern

I personally would not recomend it. I've worked in motorsports for a decade and if there is one thing scrutineers and engineers hate seeing it is a lone harness bar in a vehicle. The reason being, someone with a harness bar will run a four point harness which will not allow lateral movement in the seat during an impact/collision. Couple this with the fact you don't have a rollcage and any rollover situation quickly becomes lethal as your head is basically pointed at the ceiling and immovable. It's not safe, in any car, without further protection. For a main hoop with a harness bar, all integrated in to the interior contact Raven Motorsports on Woodbine Avenue in Markham.

Last edited:
Fern,
I have a lot of contacts that can easly fab up anything you can possibly want and the harness bar wouldn't be a problem
When do you need this buy? Is it 1 which you need or did you want to do a GB?

Let me know

Aaron, i still plan on driving it on the street this summer so a full cage is out of the question and i dont have the $$$ for a full cage. Although talk about a stiff structure and what that would do for handling on the track!!!!!

Nima, I think i am looking at just one...not a GB. If the original GB fell through I really dont think that another would be worth it. I will PM you and we can take it from there. Thx

Fern

Dont be a wuss Fern full roll cage it and drive it on the street too :D. When you find out your track scheduale let me know I want to try and attend an event this year.

Aaron

do you feel like driving to Florida? I am going to Sebring at the end of April.

Gingerman July 21, Summit Point W Va May 5th i think and Dunnville in the summer (July i think)

Come on you know want to go to Fla...

Dunnville I will def go to since it's an hour from my house. As for Florida shoot me a PM with how much it will be. If I can pull money out of the sky I wouldn't mind. Hell I would even be a co-piolit since we all know my luck with my car.

Aaron

Back