• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power Steering Pump?

slvrsvt

CEG'er
so as im pulling into the gas station last night to get some gas, I make a hard right to get up close to the pump, and when i straighten the wheel out, BAM!!!#@#$ no more power steering. feels like it comes and goes in spurts. doesnt feel like it is totally gone, but it does feel like there is defenitely something wrong. My question is with this being said, has anyone ever ran into the same problem? also just as an fyi, the power steering pump reservoir was full of fluid, as well as i know for a fact the rack is not leaking due to just painting my garage floor white (helps to see what exactly is leaking if anything)

if the belt is slipping then it is slipping something fierce. i really dont know yet. i am going to have one of my mechanics bring it in today and get it checked out. i already went ahead and ordered a new serp belt, p/s pump, and rack just in case it is one of those i will have it here already.

Back