• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 contour Zetec Idle Alr Control Valve

RandyG

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Does anyone know if an IAC valve Part# 978F-9F715-AB will interchange with a Part# F8CE-9F715-AB valve. I have a bad IAC on my 2000 Contour and have found a new valve at a salvage yard for $40 compared to $160-$200 retail from Parts Stores. There is no physical difference in the two valves and I can save $120 if the "F8CE" will replace the "978F". Any thoughts or educated guesses out there?
THANKS

check the "Duratec Maintenance" forum, under "Read-me first" for our parts vendors.

Contact either Steve at Fousley Ford or Bill Jenkins in LV. both can cross reference them, or you could always call any dealer and ask if they cross reference to each other.

Harness connections are identical and resistance reading is correct. My local mechanic shop says it will work. I think I'm going to try it. I thought about contacting my local Ford dealer, but they're kind of stingy about giving out free information of any kind. I'm just not a "bring it in and we'll check it out" kind of person when it comes to auto repair.Past examples were $105 for changing spark plugs and $52 for a 12" piece inch of vacuum hose. I'll post the results after I get it on. Thanks for helping! Randy

I suppose there's no possibility for returning the part if it's not correct. Anyway, if it will save you a bunch of money, give it a try. If it works, it was worth the gamble. If not, well, at least you've added to our knowledge base here.

Let us know what you find!

I bought the IAC valve with the first four part numbers different from the original. It works fine and I can tell you what I think the first four numbers refer to; The location of the wire connector. On the original the connector is at a 90 degree angle to the mounting face. On the different one the connector is parallel to the face. In other words the original connector points toward left fender(easier to plug connector in), on other the connector points up (toward intake, less room to manuever connector) . I missed that little piece of info when I looked at the new one but there was enough room to plug the new one in and it works perfectly.(I could have plugged wiring connector in and then mounted IAC and probably would have never noticed the difference in the parts) I cleared the CE light and it stayed off and the idle speed is perfect. $40 vs $160 I lucked out!:laugh:

Back