• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Illinois!!

primalzer1998

CEG'er
So I don't know how many people frequent this area of the forums, but let's give it a stab. I don't know how many if any meets there are around the chicagoland area, or even downstate. I would love to get together with anyone and shoot the sh*t or whatever. I know there are car shows around the north suburbs everyweek, and they can get pretty big. Rarely if ever see any CSVT's or Contours there (the old guys that run it didn't even know that SVT did a Contour). So how about we get something going doesn't matter where or when, just as long as all the snow is melted...

-Jon

In central Illinois there is basically myself and Hdbngr8, and we are both in the Peoria area.

If you're interested in getting involved or just hanging out, we do have an SVTOA chapter here that meets for breakfast the first Saturday of each month. Most of the group is active with on-track events of the road course variety, and we have several Lightnings, Cobra's, Focus SVT's, a couple SHO's, at least 1 Cobra R and the two Contour SVT's in the group. I found out at the last breakfast one of our members recently bought a newer Ford GT (painted up in the Gulf racing colors, and it is number 01!!!) for a track car.

There have been other central Illinois CSVT's on here, but they tend to be students at ISU or Western (like yourself?) or U of I in Champaign.

Most of the CEG meets I make it to are up north in the Chicago area simply because there are more CEGers up there than down here.

there seems to be a chicago ceg meet ever 2-3 months, NECO [newcougar.org] is pretty good about having one a month [we actually have one on saturday and next saturday].

during the summer, I like to hit up alot of cruise nights. I can post up a pretty good list of ones in chicago if you want. But if there are any shows in the northern suburbs and you post them up, theres a good chance I'll show up.

actually I'm going to post this up because I never did last year and I thought it was funny.

one of the guys posted up that he was attending a honda-tech meet in schaumburg, so just for fun I thought I would meet up with him.

[my cougar was partially dissasembled at the time] so I brought the 94 towncar. I pull straight into the middle of the meet and park my car [many a confused faces], to immediately see the guy I was meeting up with pulling away in his 'tour. Hmm this is awkward... anyways so I went around and shot the **** with the honda guys anyways. Suprisingly nice group.

Well I'm going to up in the schaumburg/ arlington area this weekend. Going to the auto show saturday morning, then am free for the rest of the day. if you guys are getting together tell me where and when and i'll see if i can get out and meet you guys!

As soon as the weather turns I think the chicago group should be able to throw something together. Schaumburg is always good, but Naperville would be even better (read: I live in Naperville).

Also, just a little south of Naperville on Rt59 is a BW3's that shares a parking lot with a Kohls so there is tons of parking available in the back of the lot. I think that would make a great place for a meet. Technically this is in Plainfield but is very easy to find and easily accessable from either 88 or 55.

or we could go to the BW3's in Mount Prospect [read: I live in mount prospect] who shares a lot with Steak and Shake that has a pretty nice cruise night every thursday.

From IL!

From IL!

I am from the Quad City Area of Illinois...wondering if theres anyone from around there on here? I go to school in iowa though unfortunatly..

Back