• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No ABS or Heat?

I wish I could help more with this. I'm having a similar problem, but not the same.

When my ABS kicks on, it seems to blow the 60 amp fuse under the hood, causing the heat and ABS to go out. It happened last winter when I hit the brakes hard one time. Replaced it and didn't happen again after that, but tonight I was messing around in a parking lot, and the heat stopped working again, along with the ABS. I just got inside from changing that stupid fuse. :mad:

That is exactly what is happening to him, but it does it any time the ABS is activated. For now he just removed the ABS fuse, so atleast he has heat for the winter. I don't know when we will be able to troubleshoot it. Not when it is this cold out!

like tony said in the other thread, it sounds like a wheel sensor.
but then again i dont know anything about ABS
:D

Yeah, most likely a wheel sensor. I just never have the time to test it all out. And how often does my ABS really kick in for it to worry me? Not often.

my abs light is coming on every once in a while too. the heat still works though. sensor? my speedometer, trip meter, and odometer also stopped working the other day too. did the vehicle speed sensor go? i have a replacement if thats the case...does anyone know how to do it and if its a pain in the a$$ to do? i posted this in the main section, but havent got any feedback. i know the best and the brightest are in the new england thread haha. i i thought maybe you guys knew what my problem might be...

my abs light is coming on every once in a while too. the heat still works though. sensor? my speedometer, trip meter, and odometer also stopped working the other day too. did the vehicle speed sensor go? i have a replacement if thats the case...does anyone know how to do it and if its a pain in the a$$ to do? i posted this in the main section, but havent got any feedback. i know the best and the brightest are in the new england thread haha. i i thought maybe you guys knew what my problem might be...

I'd say your VSS is shot, but, if it snapped off in the tranny, if might be a pain to get it out.

VSS is overall easy to replace. Just screws into the top of the tranny. It's all done from the top, so don't bother jacking up the car. It might be a pain the ass doing it in cold weather though with your hands squeezing down in that small area.

thanks tony. i noticed it when i was drivin yesterday. i drove past the po' and was like how fast am i going and it said 0. i figured i was going more than that hahah

nope, in actuality you were sitting still and the copper was driving backwards past you.....

Back