• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The blue bomber..

Korfu

Veteran CEG'er
Well guys it finally happened. After the car refusing to start properly for the past couple days. Finally able to get it started a couple times, it died on me. At this point i REFUSE to put any more money into the contour. I took all the valuables out of the inside of the car and left it in the parking lot of the dealership i was looking at cars at. I think the car knew i was looking at other cars and just couldnt handle the heart break. Tomorrow morning the car is going to a salvage yard where hopefully they will give me 400$ for it.

Tomorrow i will introduce the replacement named "Franz" Luca dont spoil the suprise :-D.

Sad to see her go i really enjoyed driving it (when it worked) these past couple months. I really forgot how nice and peppy the engine was and how well it handled.

Gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Hope the replacement doesn't leave you stranded anytime soon though.

Sorry to hear about your car :(

you wouldnt happen to have a greyish driver side floor mat, would ya? :)

I just got back from the car. It started up. THere was a loose connection under the hoood but it wasnt undone i dont know what connection it was. But put it in and started right up. I dont know if it was the connection (it was loose not out) or if maybe we flooded the engine, is that even possible on newer cars?, but it started. So i am going to drive it back tomorrow to the complex and figure out what i am going to do with it.

I hate just to scrap it, i wanna get people parts if they need it first. So start calling dibs.

Brett man don't feel so low because A) My car won't start as of late either and B) It's becoming a major money pit as well. These cars are 12 years old and they've taken 12 years of Buffalo winters. Come on now. My car shouldn't even be in the great shape it is in. :help:

I am anxious to hear about the replacement though! Are you trying to keep the Contour as well as the new ride too? That's my plan but we'll see how it pans out..

brett,can you post a few current pics of the car? i'd like to see the condition,depending how bad the rust is i might buy the whole car from you

Your secret is safe with me. :)
Glad she started up for you.

brett,can you post a few current pics of the car? i'd like to see the condition,depending how bad the rust is i might buy the whole car from you
Will do but it wont be till sat cause im driving 'franz' to WV today for work... 49cents per mile plus gas = free money.

Heres a pic since i couldnt find my camera this morning. This is from the dealer
60df680b4046381e00051e628fccafae.jpg

I insisted on the color and wouldnt settle to bid-homage to the ol' blue bomber. Come saturday I will get pictures of 'franz' and his new soon to be friend 'hanz'.

Sweet, you got it. :)
I would agree, you had to get the blue.

Oh boy, Chris wants another car. :dizzy: ;)

Yeah, just a little. ;)
Chris:
Please don't make the pre-98 front into a 98+ this time. If you do decide to do it, wait until it warms up. I remember being in the yard with it snowing and snow on the ground, taking fenders and a hood off of a 98+. :laugh: It was damn cold up there that day. :D

i would leave it stock looking the early se style has finally completly grown on me:laugh: ...that was only one day...i worked for almost two months in the cold to convert it:shocked:

Back