• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

f*** spmotorsports

svt2sho

CEG'er
ok so i blew my diff and i am pulling the tranny tommorow i also have a appointment at a transmission place ot have the new diff installed tommorow afternoon anyways i ordered a torsen diff from spmotorsports on sunday paid for the 3 day shipping and they just sent me an e mail saying they cant get it for 3-4 weeks, thanx alot spmotorsportws f**** them!!!!!!!!!!!

Torsens are very hard to come buy and they aren't readily available for most retailers. There was a huge shortage and last I checked there were quite a few on backorder. Getting a Torsen takes some time and patience and you shouldn't have made the appointment without verifying they had one in stock. But I do agree with you that they should have alerted you earlier.

sorry man. You're not the only one that feels that way about sp motorsports.I
had a bad experience with them way back.

SP is great on prices and what they offer, but don't expect anything to arrive fast. They don't stock much and most of the parts are ordered after you make your order.

I still stick with SP for lots of parts.

You ordered on a Sunday. That doesn't even count as a business day! Joe, the only guy that takes orders, isn't even there on Sundays! Second, why wouldn't you call and verify that they have a Torsen in stock? Have you done ZERO research on how hard it is to find one? I don't know if Stazi still has it in his sig, but it was something like "your poor planning, does not make an emergency on my part." I'm not going to defend SPMotorsports, as I understand they have had a decline in customer service, but you didn't seem to do any of the leg work when ordering.

Mark

ok so i blew my diff and i am pulling the tranny tommorow i also have a appointment at a transmission place ot have the new diff installed tommorow afternoon anyways i ordered a torsen diff from spmotorsports on sunday paid for the 3 day shipping and they just sent me an e mail saying they cant get it for 3-4 weeks, thanx alot spmotorsportws f**** them!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll stand behind SP all day. You're no better than they are not calling to check stock on a known-to-be hard to find item. Should they have contacted you earlier...maybe, but 100% of the blame for your situation can not be placed on them. My dealings with Joe have made me a customer for life.

~Josh

I can sympathize

I can sympathize

If its any consolation I was told at the local stealership its a 3 -4 week wait just to get spark plug wires. No auto store within 1000 km of me carries Contour wires except crappy tire and their brand wires are such crap that its not really an option. And a final kicker the only quick shipping vendor I could find (CTA Motorsports) has gone out of business.

SP is great on prices and what they offer, but don't expect anything to arrive fast. They don't stock much and most of the parts are ordered after you make your order.

I still stick with SP for lots of parts.

couldn't have said it better, tony!

Try Steve at Tousley Ford in MN. He told me that he had 2 in stock when I ordered mine.

*OR* check local speedshops that cater to the focus. There were 1 or 2 in my area that had at least one sitting on the shelf. Was ordering an a$$load of parts, so I just got everything from one place.

Last edited:
I just ordered one from Capaldi Racing Great seervice and it should be at my door step in a couple of days and it is way cheap than SP.Do your research next time

Im sorry, but my last experience with Joe sealed it. He is terrible with keeping contact and always forgets little things like letting me know when an item will ship. It was ridiculously hard to get a clutch cause he said oh he has to order it and it will take 3-4 weeks..sorry, dont have that much time. I ended up buying from Chris (cta) and I had my clutch in a week with excellent contact..he gets my business

I'll stand behind SP all day. You're no better than they are not calling to check stock on a known-to-be hard to find item. Should they have contacted you earlier...maybe, but 100% of the blame for your situation can not be placed on them. My dealings with Joe have made me a customer for life.

~Josh

I have to agree. You ordered on a Sunday and didn't bother to do any follow up. As far as the other opinions, you could ask anyone about any given vendor, and you'll always find people who say they suck and those who feel they're great. I've personally dealt with SP and CTA, and would no problems with using either one again. No problems at all. My opinion.

If its any consolation I was told at the local stealership its a 3 -4 week wait just to get spark plug wires. No auto store within 1000 km of me carries Contour wires except crappy tire and their brand wires are such crap that its not really an option. And a final kicker the only quick shipping vendor I could find (CTA Motorsports) has gone out of business.
CTA Motorsports has gone out of business??

the thing is theys should have it posted that its out of stock and why do they offer the 3 day priority hipping so its in no way my fault and they dont offer a phone number to contact them to clarify any of this.

they dont offer a phone number to contact them to clarify any of this.

:shrug:

spmotorsports.jpg

When its something expensive like that, I always call a company on the phone just to make sure everything is ready to go. When I ordered my SPEC clutch and flywheel from Joe, I called him up and because I ordered them as a combo, he gave me $50 off. No way that was happening by ordering online. Not to mention, the clutch wasn't in stock so SPEC shipped me a clutch directly which I received in a few days.

Last edited:
when i ordered my spec from Joe, i got it in 3 days to my door by noon the 3rd day. i talked to him on the phone when i orderd it and he had it shipped from spec direct with no extra cost on shipping. so be cause of that i will go back for anything i need new and they sell at a good price.

Back