• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The snow is on it's way!

Believe me, I'd love to park it in there, but her fiances Mustang is in there. Hell, even her 05' Magnum sits outside.

The snow & sleet mixture WE got rendered snowblowers nearly useless . Several neighbors came up to me telling me how their throwers (they've got an auger & a thrower) kept icing up - therefore snow doesn't get thrown anywhere :idea: . Later in the afternoon , they did manage to make 'em work .

It's a shame to see your car looking like that , Glenn :( . No work for you ...

No mail for us today - plow went down the street twice :rolleyes: .

It sucks up here. About 8 inches of heavy snow, then a 1 inch layer of ice, and another 3 or 4 inches of snow. :censored: :censored: :censored:

And I get to play musical cars now...though, I think 2 of them won't be moving.

Last edited:
She's all dug out? Nice.
You ended up using the 4 wheeler then?

Yes, but now for the worst of the news. After I got my car warmed up, the huge ice chunk I didn't take off the roof for fear of scratching the car...slid off and scratched the trunk. :cry: :cry:
I hope to god it buffs out.

Last edited:
I dug the truck out last night to go to my friends house around 6, it was still snowing, but I made it fine with 4WD and 10mph the entire way (only like 2 miles) but today I dug my car out of the snow it was in (buried deeper than Glenns, the only thing visible on the pass. side was the two side windows, and the drivers side didn't even have those showing) but when I finally freed it of it's icy spot, I opened the drivers door for the first time, and guess what? Part of the inside weather stripping was frozen to the actual door and ripped free of the inside, leaving it hanging, great, just F-ing awesome! The best part is that about two days ago I noticed the passenger front door speaker was not working (bought dec. 26, installed about a week later, now completely blown for NO REASON!) and I don't have a job yet, down to about $20 which won't even fill my gas tank once. Wow, I hate my life recently haha.

I'm sure it will buff out Glenn. Warmer weather is on the way and we'll see what we can do about that scratch.

Dan, that sucks that the speaker is blown already. Can you take it back for a refund/exchange?

Put some silicon on the weatherstripping so it won't stick again.

I'm still sure we can get all 10 of them out. No worries.

I'm thinking that I can refund it, the warranty is still in effect I'm pretty sure, it's ridiculous that it blew, it's not like I abuse them, I'm thinking it's due to an improper installation.

Back