• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any exhaust shops that would remove cat in the Norwood/Boston area?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
i know its a tough thing to ask for but one of my cat to y pipe bolts snapped so might as well put my test pipe on but i could only turn one of the bolts, and the others have to be torched off, i have no experience with a torch so id figure just take it to a shop, but would anyone install a test pipe?

i know its a tough thing to ask for but one of my cat to y pipe bolts snapped so might as well put my test pipe on but i could only turn one of the bolts, and the others have to be torched off, i have no experience with a torch so id figure just take it to a shop, but would anyone install a test pipe?

if your going to be installing a test pipe why not just cut all of the bolts that you cannot get free .... I mean the test pipe comes with hardware to bolt to the cat-back and if you go to advance or autozone you can get the Help! exhaust bolt kit with springs ... I think I used one for a crysler and replace the y-pipe to cat bolts and the originals are known to break. also you should be able to go to ford and get some also but they don't seem to work as well. also get a new gasket while your at it or its going to leak.

well in my new apartment one of the rules is that you cannot work on your car in or outside of the apartment or in the parking lot. so i cant really do much myself, they wouldnt mind if i changed a tire or something like that but putting it up on stands and cutting stuff.... id get in trouble, they are real strict here.

and is there any other place i can get new bolts rather than going through the dealer?

well in my new apartment one of the rules is that you cannot work on your car in or outside of the apartment or in the parking lot. so i cant really do much myself, they wouldnt mind if i changed a tire or something like that but putting it up on stands and cutting stuff.... id get in trouble, they are real strict here.

ok so go over to a friends that doesn't live in an apartment ... or get your self a storage unit where you can work ....

and is there any other place i can get new bolts rather than going through the dealer?

yeah re-read what I posted ....

I'll install it with all the other stuff you need to have fixed...no problem, and I know what to look for, or I already have whatever you need to bolt that test pipe on...

Call me Saturday and we can talk about the stuff you need fixed... Later!

Back