• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

scheduled maintenance

D

devanmc

does any one know the scheduled maintenance calender for the 99 contour zetech atx?

so im good to go on finding the scheduled maintenance. but is there anything i need to know that isnt on there or anything that should be changed out earlier then stated?

so im good to go on finding the scheduled maintenance. but is there anything i need to know that isnt on there or anything that should be changed out earlier then stated?

yeah, it's a surprisingly common problem on these cars. i believe yours suffers from it, it's actually a factory defect. it's called an automatic transmission, ford apologized, said you should recitify it immediately! :crazy:

check out the common problems page, though, it's a good place to start.

haha thanks i know but wow those repair costs are pretty high. They also said the lint in my wallet wont cover it

yeah, it's a surprisingly common problem on these cars. i believe yours suffers from it, it's actually a factory defect. it's called an automatic transmission, ford apologized, said you should recitify it immediately! :crazy:

check out the common problems page, though, it's a good place to start.

To OP: Keep in mind that half of those "common problems" don't even apply to your car! Many are pre98 or V6 only! Just thought maybe it would brighten your day :D

already been lookin at that though. i was just thinking more along the lines of stuff that should be replaced with age that should be either replaced earlier the suggested or that is missing from the list

already been lookin at that though. i was just thinking more along the lines of stuff that should be replaced with age that should be either replaced earlier the suggested or that is missing from the list

Well depending on the wear and tear put on the car...You might need some new swaybar bushings/endlinks. Balljoints might need some looking at. You would here if you had a wheel bearing problem so that isn't really a big deal. Obviously the suspension as well..Might wanna check the condition of your e-brake. Cables are known to snap right off and completely fail it, which wouldn't be safe. Take a quick look around and make sure you don't have any exposed/grounded wires that shouldn't be. Ya know, this is all the usual...:shrug:

Thank you.
Now how do i check the condition of the swaybar bushings/endlinks, balljoints and suspension?

so far my e-brake seems fine. I just did new rear brakes(drum) my self. when pulling on the e-brake cable to put the trailing shoe on nothing seemed wrong with it and it is still working properly.

Back