• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

All top Headlight tabs were broken off

ottoschutze

CEG'er
Hi all,
the other day I noticed that the headlights on my wife's Misty were dancing
while driving .I had read something on this forum about broken tabs , thank you!
I looked at our car's headlights and found all top plastic tabs broken off.

Is this a common problem from old age ??? ...or just happens when the car bumps something or gets bumped ?
Being cheap/frugal ,the weather was real nice this morning ..I made 4 little
galvanized metal straps and attached them to the remaining stubs of the plastic tabs , so far it may work .. it all appears tight without any
headlight assembly bouncing around now .

Good fix, unless the lights are hazed over. Mine are broken(along with fender/hood/A/C), courtesy of a deer:blackeye:

i'd just wet sand them since u seemed to have already fixed ur tab issue.
Perhaps you should just go back to Myspace or wherever it is that stupid, illiterate children hang out these days, and leave forums like this to people who are at least smart enough to spell simple, common words like “you” and “your”.

Attachments

• Y-O-U_Not_U.jpg
    Y-O-U_Not_U.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
"Wetsand" means 600 to 2000 grit in sequence, then compound, fine compound, polish like Meguairs PlastX. If it is only slightly hazed, try Meguairs cleaner then PlastX. I think there is some information under the Aesthetics section of CEG.

try this

try this

goto the headlight how to thread and there is a step by step with pictures on how to correct your hazed headlights :cool:

so is this what they talk about when they say search then post:shrug:

Last edited:
Perhaps you should just go back to Myspace or wherever it is that stupid, illiterate children hang out these days, and leave forums like this to people who are at least smart enough to spell simple, common words like “you” and “your”.

you took the time to attach that picture and point out he typed "u" instead of "you"? must have had a bad day or you have a beef with this guy.

Hazed over headlight

Hazed over headlight

"Wetsand" means 600 to 2000 grit in sequence, then compound, fine compound, polish like Meguairs PlastX. If it is only slightly hazed, try Meguairs cleaner then PlastX. I think there is some information under the Aesthetics section of CEG.
Thanks for the info... as soon as our "long needed rain stops" I will get right on it ...being mostly retired has some advantages ...working on our car
whenever I feel like it!

headlights

headlights

goto the headlight how to thread and there is a step by step with pictures on how to correct your hazed headlights :cool:

so is this what they talk about when they say search then post:shrug:
Sorry ,
You are right of course to point this out ..thanks ...I tried to find some
info on the threads and did not spend enough time ,I will be better next time around ...finding stuff.
I apologize.

Back