• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ordered wiring harness today

IRingTwyce

I ROCK at bumper cars!
Graham, TX: a place so nice, they rob your house t
As it says, I just ordered 1 of the wiring harnesses today. It should be here in the morning. Hopefully I'll have it wired up in the next couple of days. I would like to see this thing fire up by the weekend. Talked the local dealer down from $175 to $150 plus tax. Could have gotten it from Bill for $140, plus shipping. This way I get it for roughly the same amount, and get it the next day!

Also picked up a set of brand new B&G springs from ohsigmachi this weekend for a c-note. I probably won't put those on until after I've swapped out the rear disc brakes from my parts car.

Sweet man, good luck and take your time.

I got pics of random parts/connectors if you need them and I'm always ready to help.

HELP HELP HELP with wiring!!!

HELP HELP HELP with wiring!!!

OK. *sigh* I have the harness all wired up and in place. However, the car does the exact same thing it did before I started all this. It turns over, but no apparent spark, and the fuel pump isn't priming/working. I've checked all my connections, fuses and relays are good, fuel pump has been checked and works. Any suggestions?

Sorry man, I'm stumped. Maybe you have a bad coil pack. I can't think of anything else that is wrong unless something is clogged. Hopefully some one else will chime in.

John,

Did you check spark plugs (gap and fouling) and wires (cracked, boots, connections to plug and coil)? Check all the terminals on the coil pack, they can get corroded and cause misfires (although unlikely in Texas). I personally haven't done it but there is a way to pulse the injectors to make sure they are in working order.

Back