• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help - need clutch line clip

ven0m

New CEG'er
I do not have the clip that secures the clutch line to the slave cylinder. does anyone know of a part # that I could use to try to order one? If they come with the slave or master cylinder that is an option as well to buy the bigger assembly to steal at $0.05 clip at this point.

Thanks

Someone posted awhile back, the clip was only available when you buy the clutch fluid line where it connects under the brake power booster to the spot where the line connects to the slave. Don't know if it's true or not.

Well...

Well...

Someone posted awhile back, the clip was only available when you buy the clutch fluid line where it connects under the brake power booster to the spot where the line connects to the slave. Don't know if it's true or not.

Hmm.... do we know if the clutch line clips are the same at both the end of the master cylinder and where the slave connection is made? If nothing else maybe I could fabricate a clip based ont he one I have, or buy the silly line from Ford. I would test this clip interchangeability theory but pulling the clip on the bottom of the master cylinder while it is installed in my Taurus (yes I said that right) is a royal pain. Hopefully someone knows the answer.

Thanks

This is a clip YOU DO NOT LOSE! Can only be had with the line and NOT CHEAP. Might be able to get one from Spec since they provide one with the kit.

I might have a extra one....I will check when I get home tonight. I had like 3 of them in my kit. I did not know they were so hard to get.:shrug:

Back