• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

looky what i found :)

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
i had a dream the other night that i was in this amazing junkyard. so i decided to go with my friend to the u-pull it yard that i always go to to see the new stuff that they got. 3 rows of cars in, i came across this...
burnedsvt3.jpg

burnedsvt2.jpg

burnedsvt.jpg

i grabbed the front bumper ($25:laugh:) and the intake manifold just to see if i could maybe rebuild it($5). i guess dreams do come true!

that junkyard is owned by the same people who sold me a silver frost bumper for $320 last year. i guess i made up for that today. now all i need is a t-red bumper to complete the set :)

btw, the car also has the svt struts with lowering springs that look to be in fantastic shape. i'm also picking up all the calipers tomorrow. $5 a caliper and $15 for each strut assembly.

Wow I'm very curious what happened. Poor SVT though glad you scored the parts so cheap!

actually, from what was left, it looked like he had a nitrous setup. thats the most probable cause i think

lol. speaking of which, did all svt's come with black springs? this one has red ones and i'm trying to figure out what kind they are before i buy them. from the looks of it, this guy spent a decent amount of money on his car. i'm kind of tempted to pull the tranny tomorrow to see whats inside.

Sorry man I got your phone call but couldn't answer it because I was at work. This was at M&M? First SVT I've ever seen there if that's the case.

yeah it was. marks has the silver one. my friend who has a silver contour as well as i got everything possible out of that thing. i'm taking everything salvagable on this one as well.

not really great, but theres other contours there with awesome headlights. one day i'll go there and take em all. i'll bring em with me to sz and sell em like $20 a pop

yeah, how's that rear bumper look? haha i'll even be willing to spend DOUBLE what you paid for the front bumper =D

Back