• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

led work in the dash and doors

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
sence im putting in a gauge cluster i was gonna try and change my leds in the dash to blue instead of the stupid green it is now and also do the control panel in all the doors from green to blue. if there is a how to please show me where.

ive got a set that i made for the doors. i did them my-self before i was on this site, but then i saw the how-to and was like "wow that looks easier" mine took a long time since i did like 2 a week. just buy the LEDS and the right resistors, and a lot of solder.

I made a how-to for the needles, but there is a similar one for the actual guages.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...allposts&Main=1267241&Search=true#Post1267241

IDK what im doing wrong. I'm following the steps in this how to, but I keep burning the dang things out. I was only able to get one of the four led's to work and it look very dim. (temp) Am I skipping a step thet I dont know about? I bought the led's from Radio shack. 5mm Red LED, 2.6VDC, 28mA,10mcd. Could it be that I am using the wrong led's? When I finally got them facing the right way they would turn on then get bright then dim then they wold burn out.

Another problem I have is that I finally gave up after I burned out 5 out of 6 leds that I bought. So I go to put the original lights back in and now these wont turn on. the bulb doesnt look burnt out. Any help that any of you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey, not to be harsh or anything but bring up a 4 month old thread isn't the brightest thing to do when you have a problem.

Get ahold of the poster by PMing(private message) them. Which in fact you should be getting one in just a second from yours truly. :cool:

IDK what im doing wrong. I'm following the steps in this how to, but I keep burning the dang things out. I was only able to get one of the four led's to work and it look very dim. (temp) Am I skipping a step thet I dont know about? I bought the led's from Radio shack. 5mm Red LED, 2.6VDC, 28mA,10mcd. Could it be that I am using the wrong led's? When I finally got them facing the right way they would turn on then get bright then dim then they wold burn out.

Another problem I have is that I finally gave up after I burned out 5 out of 6 leds that I bought. So I go to put the original lights back in and now these wont turn on. the bulb doesnt look burnt out. Any help that any of you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
you need to wire in resisters... the voltage going through the lights is 12v, not 2.6..

you need to wire in resisters... the voltage going through the lights is 12v, not 2.6..

what he said. u need resistors and there is a post that says what color the resistors are. check ebay for leds usually you can get like 100 for 30 bucks or even cheaper sometimes. also make sure u have plenty of resistors in case they blow or some are faulted. the other thing is when you buy your leds if you didnt know you should be looking for the ones with the best light angle(not sure the real name of it) its the amount of light it gives off some are very small others cover more ground. the bigger the better.

Back