• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well I got it off at least...

KerryKool

Hard-core CEG'er
Now how and the hell do you put the lower radiator hose back on!

So long story short, 6 hours in, old LRH is out. I didn't cut it, but I was so temped to. :help: I'm very tired and fed up with it. I hardly removed anything to get to it.

Other than towing it to a mechanic, what do I need to do to make this job easier? Hopefully nothing crazy, but I'm up for advice.

Oh, and I researched about the LRH and all I found on the boards is that its a major PITA.:blackeye:

remove the Power steering form its bracket and finagel it up out of the way (PITA the first couple times you try it without unhooking and lines). once you get the radiator side of the hose on take a pair of vice grips and put the hose clamp in them. tighten the vice grips and make sure they are locked. slide the hose clamp over the new hose but do not release the vice grips. push the hose onto the waterpump and then carefully slide the hose clamp up and then release it from the vice grips. other connections are easy but the one on the WP is a royal PITA. just take your time and be patient and you can get it.

Alright sweet. The thing is that I replaced the hose to the WP and lower radiator with a worm drive clamp, making things much easier.

Thanks for the help. Now I'm off to put the new one on.

Strength has nothing to do with it, need more small/flexable/Mr. Fantastic hands. :laugh:

But everything is on and running like a champ, again.

Back