• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whoring the CSVT Replacement...and a few Pre-sale CSVT Pics *Dialup - go have a snack

converted_gm

CEG'er
Here are a few pics of the new car that I just purchased. I am flying down with "tourige" to pick it up in the next few weeks hopefully. I put in a few pictures that I took RIGHT before I sold my CSVT

always liked the miata but with a kid well it's not practical for me and quite frankly I love the fact that I can drive all day and not see another svt the miata well do i even have to say it! Nice car though.

Thanks Mazdaspeed....I saw you posting on mazda-speed.com. LOVE your car and its color. The rarity of the cars, and the aggressive looks compared to the stock Miata's is AWESOME, and what a blast to drive! How would you compare the CSVT you had vs. the Mazdaspeed Miata?

always liked the miata but with a kid well it's not practical for me and quite frankly I love the fact that I can drive all day and not see another svt the miata well do i even have to say it! Nice car though.

The Miata you are looking at is a Mazdaspeed version, and therefore a VERY rare car. I am sure "mazdaspeed" knows the exact build numbers, but I know that only 300 came to canada! :)

The Miata you are looking at is a Mazdaspeed version, and therefore a VERY rare car. I am sure "mazdaspeed" knows the exact build numbers, but I know that only 300 came to canada! :)

I love the Mazdaspeed. Underated as the SVT Contour was. I've surprised a lot of people with it's capabilities. As for rarity the numbers are as follows:

4000 cars built for 2004
1428 built for 2005 (of a proposed 4000 - Factory burnt down)

Color Breakdowns:
2004:
Velocity Red Mica = 2000
Titanium Grey Mica = 2000

2005:
Black Mica = 413
Velocity Red Mica = 255
Lava Orange Mica = 394
Titanium Grey Mica = 366

Miata in Canada. Better buy a hard-top and quick!

These cars are best left in Southern states.

Miata in Canada. Better buy a hard-top and quick!

These cars are best left in Southern states.

The soft tops on these cars are really good. They are thick, have had glass rear windows since '99 and have rear defrost. I ran my 2003 Miata with LSD and snow tires for one season and I have to say if it wasn't for the minimal ground clearance it had to have been one of the best vehicles I have ever driven in snow, second only to my wifes 2000 Cherokee w/Blizzaks. The balance, weight and snow tires made it amazingly easy to control. I had the same ground clearance issues that I had with my SVT with the ST200 and eibach suspension kit.

Just been wondering, what kind of rims am I going to be able to fit over the brakes with snow tires on it? Seen as you would know this

15". I was running 15" steel wheels w/Michelin Arctic Alpins and they just clear the caliper.

sweet car man. id love to get one of those some day :cool:

does it have one of those key features where you can turn off the passenger side airbag?

sweet car man. id love to get one of those some day :cool:

does it have one of those key features where you can turn off the passenger side airbag?

You bet it does! 6disk in dash, cloth top, glass rear with defrost, 6 spd manual, LSD stock....the list goes on and on and on.....bang for the buck is up there with the terminators, but in a smaller package built for the twisties instead of the straights.....not that it wont fly through those after im done. Mod wise, they are extremely happy, and the fastest stock qm was posted on the site at a 13.9 @ 98 mph.....very fun little cars.

Last edited:
Back