• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shootin' range

EuroTour

Hard-core CEG'er
With all this talk about handguns in CI, I"m getting the itch to bust out the SW910s. Who wants to get togther tomm. and go shooting? Are there any ranges in the area that are open on sundays? I'm trying to get a quick response so I know whether or not bring mine out with me tonight.

With all this talk about handguns in CI, I"m getting the itch to bust out the SW910s. Who wants to get togther tomm. and go shooting? Are there any ranges in the area that are open on sundays? I'm trying to get a quick response so I know whether or not bring mine out with me tonight.

um no offense..but you + a gun ...kind of scares me LOL

Hi staz, I picked up a Ruger P345:

247L.jpg

A little personal protection, not great for CC though. Hopefully I can get my CCW soon and then I was looking at a USP compact 9, but who knows.

Anyone have experience w/ the Hi-point carbines? Thinking of picking one up for range plinking because they are dirt cheap, and i can't justify spending the $$ for a proper handgun :D

ive always wanted to shoot a handgun, think it would be fun.

I would be in, if I had something to shoot, and it werent too far away.

The Firing Line in westland has hand guns to rent and a pretty good selection too.....someone should put together a meet to go out there.

Anyone have experience w/ the Hi-point carbines? Thinking of picking one up for range plinking because they are dirt cheap, and i can't justify spending the $$ for a proper handgun :D
They aren't bad, except fot the FUGLY stock. Luckily you can now buy a replacement stock for the High point that looks like the Beretta CX4 Storm's stock - much nicer!
http://www.atigunstocks.com/product-hipoint.html

The Firing Line in westland has hand guns to rent and a pretty good selection too.....someone should put together a meet to go out there.

My father goes there often, it's a pretty nice place. I'll probably be there all the time this summer since I'll be getting my own gun then. Would be fun to have some shooting friends.

And yes, shooting is fun. Nothing like throwing a few dozen rounds down the range to relieve stress.

IIRC there's a place called Top Gun in Taylortucky that is 18+ to rent. I've never been there and I heard it's not as nice as Firing Line (which I've been to) but I don't see that mattering that much. I also heard it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Firing Line.

They aren't bad, except fot the FUGLY stock. Luckily you can now buy a replacement stock for the High point that looks like the Beretta CX4 Storm's stock - much nicer!
http://www.atigunstocks.com/product-hipoint.html

Yeah, I've seen the ATI stock, and it looks pretty cool, but it only fits the 9mm version, and I really wanted to get the .40 version. Don't know yet, I'm still debating, besides I apparently have time, because both versions are on national backorder and the people that have them are price gouging.

Well, I guess I didn't need to wait, I stopped by the local Dunham's and they had one more Hi-point in 9mm . . . and it was only $179

IIRC there's a place called Top Gun in Taylortucky that is 18+ to rent. I've never been there and I heard it's not as nice as Firing Line (which I've been to) but I don't see that mattering that much. I also heard it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Firing Line.

OO OO OOOH! If you guys go there, I am in. It is literally a 20 minute drive from me.

Last edited:
Back