• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HELP, FOG LIGHT always on MOD!

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Well here is the deal! I was doing a FOG LIGHT MOD for a friend for the first time and I was accidentally cutting and wrapping the wires behind the switch instead of the relay. Hmmm? Well after about a couple flickers from the headlights and the Fogs. I stopped getting flickers and decided heh "I guess im slow, lets do this another day!" I then connected everything back to its ORIGINAL locations and IM GETTING ABSOLUTELY NO lights at all except the signal/hazards and my tail lights are working properly!

ANY HELP???? on what to do next, im about to go check on the bulbs to see if they burned or not!:shrug:

Thanks in advance!

- Amyn

EDIT: BULBS LOOK FINE! and wut surprises me, When I Press the Panic button for the PATS to go off the lights flash on every honk of the horn! FUSES ALSO LOOKS FINE I dont have a Voltameter to literally check it but, nothing is looks outta shape/burnt! I have everything in as it originally was as of right now!

Last edited:
Fuse blown? Check around.

Can we just remove this mod from the main site? Apparently it's too hard for most people. :nonono:

Last edited:
UPDATE: Well Guys I still have a little Problem! I decided to check the fuses 1 by 1 and 2 of them were blown. I got them replaced immediately! Now my front headlights and turn/hazards turn on/off properly! Fogs are still wired as stock.

Now here is my issue: When turning the headlight switch to the third position. The headlights turn on properly! But when I pull the switch to activate the fogs. I GET NO FOGS!!!!!!!:mad: Hmmm. I decided to check the relay when I pull and push in the switch for the fogs and it does click but no fogs still!:confused:

Any Help greatly appreciated.

- Amyn

By chance were you doing all this cutting with the battery hooked up? If so you may have blown more than just those fuses, and you are sure the wires are put back together right, and there is continunity in the repaired wires. Did you check the fuses in the engine compartment too?

PS: If we need to remove this mod then we really have a bunch of others that should go.......:crazy: Cut the orange wire to the FG relay and splice the relay side to the orange / black wire. Safe off other end of the orange wire. Come on ....... OK no body do a mod before READING the HOW TO! OH ya, and DISCONNECT power BEFORE doing ELECTRICAL WORK or you might blow something! :troutslap:

Back