• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello, this is my "European Contour"!

Bienvenido. :) Su coche parece muy agradable.

Welcome. Your car looks very nice.

Great looking car! I love those hatch-backs. Very utilitarian. They've got some nice touches in the Mondeo that we don't get here. The trim rings around the fog lights, for example. Subtle things like that give the car a cleaner look. I like it a lot!

Just curious, but what countries was the Mondeo sold in left hand drive?

Excuse me, I must take better photos with the steering wheel in its correct position :shrug:

CSVT1214, the item that you indicate does not have any function in my Mondeo, but surely in superior versions it is the location for some extra equipment

Ford Mondeo with the steering wheel to the left was sold in all Europe to excepeción of Great Britain, so in countries like Spain, France, Germany or Italy the Mondeo took steering wheel to the left.

Aaron 98 SE My Mondeo does not have the chromed front grill because it is “Ambiente” (or CLX in other places) version. The versions “Ghia” and “Ghia X” took the chromed grill, whereas “ST 200” and “RS 24v” took a different grill.

Greetings. Please, you once again excuse the grammar errors that I could commit.

the circled item is for the alarm, tis the interior sensor.

Heya welcome, another European Mondy!!! shame its only a Zetec tho,

Welcome from the UK, from a ST200

the circled item is for the alarm, tis the interior sensor.

Heya welcome, another European Mondy!!! shame its only a Zetec tho,

Welcome from the UK, from a ST200

Hate to disagree with you but its there originally for an in built phone system AFAIK. Interior sensors stopped on the end mk1's except the 200's as your 200 came with Thatcham Cat 1 alarm - Standard from factory.

Oscar you might find more info about the mondeo on http://www.fordmondeo.org as obviously the site is tailored to mondies compared to the tours of the states.

jcth1

Did all Mondeo's have colored matched trim rings on the grill. :shrug:

All Contour's are chrome. But I def. like the color match. :)

Originally in the early versions of the mk2 mondeo all front grilles came in chrome even the st24 when that was first released.

About 98 (alot of things also changed including wiring, locking, exterior differences and trim levels) ford started sending the higher spec cars out the factory with a colour coded grille hoop and the rear tailgate strip.

During this time and onwards ford changed alot of things i guess a revision would be what it was as they upgrading the locking system from IR to RF which also included a whole wiring and hardware change.

jcth1

Funny, I thought it was going to be a temperature sensor for the automatic HVAC (option on Mondeos). In my Maxima, the sensor is in a similar location with similar design.

Check out the fan speed control. It goes in both directions.

Lol, Blower and Vacuum?

I think the fact that the knob itself is the AC button is pretty cool.

Looks to me like turning to the left is for recirc, and to the right is for fresh air. Definitely gives more flexibility than our setup.

Anyone notice the cruise control is not steering wheel mounted, but on a separate stock to the left of the steering wheel. I find that interesting.

Welcome to the CEG!!

Anyone notice the cruise control is not steering wheel mounted, but on a separate stock to the left of the steering wheel. I find that interesting.

Welcome to the CEG!!

That stalk is the stereo control stalk. You can tell this car doesnt have cruise by the fact the actuator is missing from the engine bay and again the buttons are not present on the wheel.

jcth1

Hello everyone. I am a new member in this forum. My name is Oscar, I am from Spain (Europe) and I have inherited the car of my father, a Ford Mondeo 1.8i 16v Zetec-E 115 BHP (year 2000). It is not a really fast car, but I have much esteem to it.
As my car is not very popular in my country, I would like to learn things about the car and to relate my experiences with the car.

I want your center dash and center console....

Can you find another one somewhere and shoot me a PM with an e-mail address of the seller or company?

Thanks !!!!

Back