• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help with Taurus

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
I need some help with a problem I have with the Taurus. Seems that the blower motor for the hvac is gone. (quit, than would only run for 10 seconds on full - but very slowly at that) I am not sure if it is the motor or if it is one of the relays that are part of it. The kick panel fuse box checks out ok, and the maxi fuse in the distribution box looks fine, but the relay looks a little melted
IMG_0855.jpg
IMG_0854.jpg

Someone also said there is another relay right by where the blower motor sits, but I am not sure which one it is because there are a few wires down there. :confused:

Just wondering if someone can tell me what the relay by where the motor is/looks like and how can I tell if that relay in the pics is shot or not and since I pulled the blower motor out can I check it with a ohm meter or something to see if it is alright?

You could do it that way, but it sounds like Red Green project waiting to happen. With the blower removed, walk it around to the battery to give it the juice.

Back