• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Silver Frost 98 SVT project car on Ebay

ebay

ebay

Nice car, How much does it cost to replace the diff in one of these anyways?

See I've had my SVT for a month and a half, and I haven't spun the tires yeat because I read the Diff was the weak link. My car only has 67000 miles, and it's never had a problem that cost more than an oil change, i definatly don't want the diff to be my first major surgery.

It would depend on the labor charges and what parts are used and what kind of deals found. I know a Quaife Limited Slip diff is about $500, a good stock one would be much less (from someone who upgraded). One CEG'er was abusing and blew up the diff, and the trans had to be replaced due to the case breaking. Usually the gears in it wear down. Your car will last if you avoid "drag racing" and keep the engine oil a little above full (6.5 qt).

On that same note, if you have to pay to drop the tranny ANYWAY, why put a stock (used or new) in there for a savings of very little, really) especially when combined with the fact that it will most likely fail later on, unless your driving style meets that of my grandmother's.

do you know the owner of this car? I had someone pm me the link to the same ebay add and now you post it here. getting a cut of the sale or something?

do you know the owner of this car? I had someone pm me the link to the same ebay add and now you post it here. getting a cut of the sale or something?
Nope, not at all. Just thought it looked promising while idly surfing.

Back