• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Serpentine Belt to bypass the A/C compressor

andreslobo

Hard-core CEG'er
On my 99 Contour, my A/C Compressor siezed up completely, it actually prevented the engine from turning over and I needed to get home. After many trips to the auto store I found that a 790K6 serpentine belt is perfect. The parts store tells me that the 790 is 79.0 inches long and the K6 refers to the number of ribs on the belt. BTW the 790K6 belt is not the one recommended for a NON A/C contour, that one is much longer.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone else in the future

The serpentine belt is for the DOHC 4 cyl

The serpentine belt is for the DOHC 4 cyl

Good question, the belt to eliminate the compressor is for a DOHC 4 cylinder

Its you

Its you

Conflicting? How.

I think it is just you. Reading comprehension seems to be a lost art on this list

Conflicting? You do realize your talking about a ford contour rite? the ac compressor would cost more than the car is worth.

This post just solved all my problems. I took my new plugs out, with a new starter, and new batt and my car was still barely able to turn over and the only reason i could think of was something holding back on the crank. Took off the belt n the only pully that wasn't spinning freely was the ac puly seized up. The car is great transportation but no lambo, if I can fix it for $10 insted of $250 believe me im goin for it.

Good post Thanks

Back