• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5L alternator bracket, to a 2003 3L taurus?

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
even with trimming the ears off the block, i cant see anywhere that the bolt pattern would be close to matching up. what do i have to do? detailed pics would be good, i searched already.

im asking because my alternator bracket is a large arse deal with three bolt holes and nothing is even close to matching up to the 03' 3L block. i can see where i would have to trim up the block but even if i do that i can only get about one bolt to go on.

Ummm, I'm not sure why things arn't matching up... Not to insult your intelligence but are you sure you are positioning it in the right place? If you just remove the tabs then it fits right in, I mean I'm not sure what else to say.

Give us some pics of your senario so we can do some circleing of certain areas and such.

Are you positioning the bracket with the 3L timing cover on or off. It only became very evident to me where it was to go AFTER I took off the 3L timing cover.

Take pics of both the 2.5 bracket area and the 3L for side by side comparison for us. Should be easily sorted out.

***glad you didnt try to wrap this up in one weekend now?***

mine is a 3-hole bracket, and the taurus looked like it had a 4 bolt bracket so it's not even close. the timing cover is off. i'll go take some pics.

At least one of the bolts (maybe 2 I can't remember) Will bolt into the 2.5L timing cover. So get that on and it will be more obvious. the 3 bolt bracket was the same as mine and I had 03 heads... Its not obvious at first but you'll see it.

Back