• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995 contour problems

Just grabbed a contour beater for 400 bucks.
I have a 99 countour parts car in my back yard.

Basically i need a few suggestions from some contour guys with some problems.
Basically the Door lock system is messed up. The rear doors wont even open. It seems the lock actuators are working you can see them moving and hear them trying to work at least but the doors just wont open or budge from the inside of the car or outside. I cant exactly take the door panel off due to not opening the door. Fuse is ok, and i cant find the relay the manual says R29 but i have no idea where that is.

My AC/heater controls arent working. The fuse is good and i pulled the other controls off the parts one i have and it still didnt work.
The radio also didnt turn on but when i ripped it all apart the harness was all messed up, so i have a feeling that was the problem.

Any help in the right direction will be awsome thanks guys.

If I'm not mistaken, you can take off the weatherstrip on the outside of the door where the window meets the door, and you should be able to reach down and jimmy it open (with much effort). I can't guarantee it is possible, but at the time I was purchasing MY Contour, the dealer/repairman's son accidentally locked the keys inside a Mark VII that was chilling in the lot. Granted it's a different car, but it's still a Ford. I watched him jimmy it open. My only other suggestion would be to get new door bezels. This way, you can BREAK the old ones off. I don't know if that would be of assistance or not...just tryin to help haha. :shrug:

Try pushing in on the door while you operate the door handle. Mine does this sticking problem and will not open til I do this.

yup, the door seal might be getting caught. I had that problem as well. Try pushing the door in, lifting the handle then pulling out.

Back