• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CF heatshield interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda06

Veteran CEG'er
I can get a run of heatshields produced following the same specs as pudmunkie's shield but in carbon fiber if anyone is interested. I have already cleared this with him so there are no problems using his design. I will need a minimum of ten to get this going and the price should be very close to the same as what it was for the aluminum version. As soon as the aluminum one is received here I will be able to get the cf version started and will have pics up soon after. Let me know what you think.

how carbon fiber can cost the same as aluminium ?

I'm kind of wondering this as well. Especially since carbon fiber is in shortage according to the companies I've been dealing with for my prototype projector housings... that is why they have a simulated carbonfiber which is just fiberglass dyed to look like CF.

With that said. I would want to buy one of these. Keep us posted with a price.

I'm ALSO curious as to how it will cost even close to what pud is doing. Personally, I like the aluminum look more than CF, but it would be cool to see something new.

And props to you for asking Pud about his design, rather than stealing it from him.

I did not post this earlier out of respect for pudmunkie as it is his design that will be used and it would have been wrong to put this up in competition to his GB. As far as the price goes, I gathered my estimates a few weeks back. So...as long as supply changes arent extremely drastic the price will be quite close to the aluminum version. It will take some time before these will be ready as I have to wait for the aluminum one to get in before the prototype can even be made.

I think we are all just curious how a CF one would cost so little. I remember the IMRC cover that were made awhile back. They had a couple more curves but used no more CF than the heatsheild would...and those were how much? (well over $100)

If I am wrong by the time that the first one is made then I will imediatly let everyone know. If this does go through as planned then I might even be able to set up a run of the IMRC covers. However, that is just a wisp in the future and I only wanted to see if there would be any interest at this time or if I am wasting my time.

I look forward to seeing how these come out. I like others however have heard that there is a national back order on carbon fiber.

Im also curious about longevity, I know some of the CF IMRC covers started to yellow with age.

Since there is some interest go ahead and just add youself to the list so that I can better keep track of this. There will need to be ten orders to get this going.

1. CSVT #49
2. csvtjohnga
3. ex-ceger???

1. CSVT #49
2. csvtjohnga
3. ex-ceger???
4. icysvt
5. Rawburt (depending on price of course)
6. Rance (also depending on price). missed the other gb

1. CSVT #49
2. csvtjohnga
3. ex-ceger???
4. icysvt
7. Crispy (NVMYSVT)

1. CSVT #49
2. csvtjohnga
3. ex-ceger???
4. icysvt
7. Crispy (NVMYSVT)
8. Frosty

1. CSVT #49
2. csvtjohnga
3. ex-ceger???
4. icysvt
7. Crispy (NVMYSVT)
8. Frosty
9. NVSVT (dependant on price & quality)
10. NVSVT (dependant on price & quality)

No this isn't a mistake! I will need one for both of my cars, but I want to see what the price and quality are like first.

This is cool... if you don't like the CF, you could always paint it.

I'm not interested since I have one of Pud's coming my way sometime, plus 1 CF piece would look interesting.

I just thought of something... CAIs are illegal in Germany, wonder if a sheild will make it legal (since technically it would be very similar to an airbox, just better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back