• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pre98 fuel line to 98-2000 fuel rail

outkast

CEG'er
I,am installing an svt intake on my pre98!I need to know how or where to get the fuel line to install the svt fuel rail to my pre 98?The plastic/rubber line with the quick connect from svt fuel rail to the lines running from the drivers side wall.

so long as the fuel rail is a return one, afaik everything should match up just as it was.

Though I do believe the pre98 fuel rail would work just fine. (you'd have to swap out the injectors though, I think the SVT ones a bit more powerful but i might be mistaken.)

Though I do believe the pre98 fuel rail would work just fine. (you'd have to swap out the injectors though, I think the SVT ones a bit more powerful but i might be mistaken.)

Pre-98 fuel rail will only work with the side fed injectors and his stock lower intake manifold. If he wants to use the SVT lower manifold, he will need to use topfed injectors and a newer fuel rail

Even if you get a return-style fuel rail for the top fed injectors, it wont hook up perfectly. I had to muscle my fuel line connects over closer to the LIM so it would reach.... the svt fuel rail connection lines are a little shorter than stock. It will work, but not effortless.

Back